What's For Dinner #62 - the Spookalicious Edition - October 2020

was that as richly flavored and amazing as it sounds?

1 Like

Yes! There was quite a bit of moaning going on. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks, everything turned out and the night was a lot of fun.

Looks like you and yours celebrated in great fun as well! Nice!

1 Like

Wow, pasta drying!

1 Like

Who rules the roost, lol!

1 Like

Lockdown for a month starting Friday, announced Wednesday night. Of course everybody was out buying things, or eating the last restaurant meal on Thursday, breaking record on traffic jam in Paris!

We grabbed what we needed in the grocery stores in Paris: Japanese, Korean and Chinese ingredients, many shelves were empty already. We had our last bowl of ramen before the lockdown.

Seabeam patina ramen with tamago, namero, chashu…

We also bought a roasted Cantonese duck for Friday dinner.

Yesterday, I made a pork ribs tea or the white bak kut teh, the Singaporean pork stew. Quite simple to make, pork belly / ribs cooked in hot water for 15 minutes to get rid the fat. Then simmer the meat with some bones with PSTOP: 1/3 cup of black and white pepper, 2 head of garlics and simmer for an hour. Added soaked dried Chinese mushroom and simmered for another hour, I added some tofu puffs. Served with a thick dark soy sauce with chili flakes. Pretty good.

18 Likes

A few dinners…

Coconut creams green, turkey meatballs (flavored with lemon grass, ginger, garlic, soy, chili sauce), over rice.

Friday night was little filets, with salad and mac.

Last night was cacio e pepe cheese puffs and a nice pinot.

17 Likes

Her majesty in the palace!

4 Likes

I’ve started a new November thread here:

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #63 - the Giving Thanks Edition - November 2020

I love this concept!

2 Likes

Ha!! Only if I can put on a hazmat suit and stay with you for a week!

i am sure not so difficult …

Get the book: “MADE IN SPAIN”
Author: Chef José Andrés …

Have fun !!!

Sounds interesting … Fennel and Pernod and anise with some sugar. ) I have a good French cookbook from Ducasse Escole Academie – shall see if I can find a recipe for this just to see the plating and exact measurements.

Thank you for the idea.

They are in Ina’s new book (easy and full of cheesy pepper flavor). I love black pepper so these were a no brainer for me. We munched on a few a I put the rest in a freezer bag so pull out and reheat as needed.

1 Like

Oh lordy on those cheese puffs!

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #63 - the Giving Thanks Edition - November 2020

Who is eating all that bread? I noticed we have bread exhaustion here. I keep making it, and sometimes it goes fast, and sometimes it sits. And by keep making it, 1 mean maybe every 7-10 days.

1 Like

The lonely cheeseburger for H. The tail end of October.

5 Likes

We are!

1 Like