What's for Dinner #59 - the Summertime Covid Blues Edition - July 2020

I made ribeye steak (we split one) rubbed with Montreal and herbes d’Provence, COTC with TPSTOB, and a summer salad with CSA new potatoes, cherry tomatoes, Italian beans, and shallot-sherry Dijon vinaigrette with basil and parsley. So summery!

15 Likes

Love it. One of Larry David’s best venture

I can watch them over and over and still belly laugh at episodes

Simple use of a leftover chicken that was roasted the other night. A can of diced tomatoes, chicken, sliced peppers and cut asparagus, topped with some finely shredded cheese from end pieces.

Exceeded expectations

image image

16 Likes

A simple dinner of Chinese style eggs with tomatoes. I had this once, a while back at a HO Down, and have been meaning to try making it ever since. Tonight was the night. I love eggs just about any way possible and I can tell this is going to be made often. Easy to prepare and really good to eat.

20 Likes

Add images here

Mrs. P made a healthy roasted cauliflower steak topped with sautéed red onions, and roasted shishito and mini peppers on the side. I topped it off with spicy Korean Gochjang sauce to give it a nice kick. It was also marinated in balsamic vinegar to give it a nice char.

17 Likes

Ham and cheese sandwich and tots.

18 Likes

Hear hear! Looks fantastic. It’s just as flexible as you want it to be too, I’ve had it with long beans instead of tomatoes, or frankly most types of fridge cleaning type meals. (I also do a Chinese Japanese hybrid rice bowl with onions, mirin and dashi too - the sweetness from mirin and onions is similar in a way to the tomatoes)

3 Likes

So much work, so much stress. Dogs doing okay, but right now we basically do pills and pee. :roll_eyes: Working from home a lot so I can do some dinner prep during the day. Today made naan dough and marinated some chicken breast marinated in Aleppo pepper, yogurt, lemon, evoo, tomato paste, red wine vinegar, and garlic. Chicken was supposed to be kabobs, but after cooking the naan I was out of energy so no skewers/grill in the 95 degree heat. Chicken sautéed, served with naan and zucchini. Great flavor. Would have been extra good on the grill.

15 Likes

The wine was lousy but avail. Lamb chops torched in the hotel (shhhh), along with take out B sprouts and zucchini parm. Late night dinner before work.

16 Likes

It was the violife brand “Just like feta.” it was pretty good. The mozzarella i used was the Daiya shredded mozzarella.

my regular (non-vegan) peach cobbler method is close to this one. https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/peach-cobbler/

The vegan version I made the other day (in individual mini pie tins for proper social distancing protocols) was this one:

Thanks again for all the b-day wishes! :birthday::balloon:Covid’s not claiming me anytime soon…just not gonna happen!!

5 Likes

Tonight i was lacking in inspiration and had defrosted some BLSL chicken breasts. I butterflied the really large breasts, coated with EVOO, minced garlic and a TJ’s poultry rub. Roasted brussel sprouts and cauliflower + corn on the cob alongside. It worked. no pic.

3 Likes

Thank you for the tips. Eggs can go in so many different directions so they are a great way to use up what’s in the fridge. The recipe I used described the flavor as being sweet-tart. I thought my tomatoes were a little on the sweet side so I added a splash of black vinegar which really perked up everything.

1 Like

The wine was lousy .What ??

1 Like

Lol…I hear ya!

1 Like

@paryzer

As Rod proclaims: Every picture tells a story…
These pictures say “Life is glorious.”

2 Likes

It’s the vivid colors that I find consistently joyful in your meals and homestyle. Lucky man (Emerson Lake and Palmer ref). @paryzer.

3 Likes

Perfect, thanks so much! I’m a fan of violife- they have provolone-esque slices that are pretty damn good, even when melted.

I found one of the corn- it was super sweet, from a little produce market by my parents in FL. I was there for a month or so, and forged on the super cheap fruit and veg. Scored some dandelion greens, and they came with a free bug friend haha

14 Likes