What's for Dinner #59 - the Summertime Covid Blues Edition - July 2020

They confisticated my jamon when I tried to bring it into the US.

You eat a lot of tomatoes, but I can see why when prepared and served like that!

1 Like

I just changed my whole dinner plan to include tomatoes. Those plates look amazing.

5 Likes

Many countries have strict customs clearance for meat and agricultural products. I’m in the EU, so far no problem bringing back foodstuffs.

Some of Iberico products I brought back from last trip. Freeze half and one can enjoy many meals for a while.

8 Likes

Make it a Spanish-style meal, or tapas.

10 Likes

Truly exquisite … We enjoy dining out in Madrid´s Capital and seeing old friends who live and work here.

My dear took more fotos with his 35mm without digital.
Batteries died on the 35mm digital camera.

Shops are open Monday at 9.30 am - 10.00am …

1 Like

Mrs. P made crispy pan seared red snapper filet and soft shell crab in a caper, fresh herb, and vermouth sauce, with asparagus on the side. It all went great with an excellent Ridge Red zinfandel blend.

12 Likes

Skinny Orange Chicken, with chopped cashews.

Because…CASHEWS.

Basmati rice, and peas and corn. Not a usual veg side, but I had to cut the corn off the cobs I bought yesterday to freeze, and there was some left over that didn’t fit in the Ziploc bag.

Wine alongside.

19 Likes

You’re in my old stomping grounds, @paryzer. I grew up in Ridgewood and Franklin Lakes/edge of Wyckoff. I love reading your posts when I see a town I remember from 40+ years ago.

4 Likes

:heart::heart::heart: “Normal” has changed and is so rare, so I’m so glad you got an “almost”.

3 Likes

Thanks for the kind words :blush: Ridgewood is a very nice town. Ho Ho Kus is only a few minutes away.

1 Like

Ah, a lemon drop! The blueberries threw me off! But looks great nonetheless. Your husband has good taste with Luxardo cherries.

6 Likes

With so many AMAZING meals y’all have posted here today, I offer up my humble sandwich.

Chicken cutlet, broccoli rabe, and Provolone on a glorious Ciabatta roll from Lidl. Baked goods are the one thing I trust from them. The meats not so much, but their breads are delicious.

Took it easy tonight with a couple glasses of Chardonnay. Cocktails will be on break for a few days.

17 Likes

Tonight was supposed to be takeout lobster roll treat. But the restaurant would not accept our order for another hour—too busy!—so a quick pivot was in order.

Pasta with jalapeño, corn, tomatoes, and summer squash. Parmesan this time, but this dish plays equally well with creamy feta.

15 Likes

I could eat the whole jar of Luxardo cherries if no one was looking. But he’d notice. Darn.

5 Likes

Love the ridge

1 Like

Is there a story with those pink heels my good man?

5 Likes

Trying to make piperade or peperonata. But with harissa.

NYT, many years ago. ( By Martha Rose Shulman Sept. 24, 2008)

"There are variations of this dish throughout the Mediterranean. The Basque piperade, made with slender, slightly piquant peppers called piments d’espelette and stirred into scrambled eggs along with bayonne ham, has some heat; whereas Italian peperonata is sweet through and through. A North African version, chakchouka, is spiced with fiery harissa and a spice blend made with caraway and coriander, cayenne and garlic, and is usually served with eggs poached right on top of the stew. "

14 Likes

The Loubitans are a gift to Mrs. P for all of her hard work and for putting up with me :blush:

7 Likes

Pounded a pork steak thinnish and made apanados (aka milanesa, chicken fried pork, schnitzel, etc.) Also Mexi-rice, made with the leftovers of a can of Pato sauce that we used for Bloody Marys earlier today. Chipotle powder, too, and a bunch of chopped cilantro. Dollop of aji verde on top. And corn on the cob that had no flavor - 10 days in the fridge is too long. Second pic has the salad I forgot to plate before taking pics and starting to eat - endive and shallots in a lemon/oregano vinaigrette.

and a pic of our newest sweet baby at the goat yard. Richie!

24 Likes

fantastic save!

1 Like