What's For Dinner #58 - the Uncertain Certain Summertime Edition -June 2020

Thank you. Me too. So far, so good. Every day better than the last. Pretty close to normal.

Tomorrow son/girlfriend and BIL over for Fathers Day dinner. Doing something simple. A roast chicken. I told my wife we can pick up pizzas, she said we did that last year :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Actual dinner tonight was noodles (actually capellini) with lamb - Sichuan inspired, using pixian doubanjiang.

Not quite in line with the fresh fish starter, but sometimes you gotta eat what someone is craving - lamb in this case :joy:

13 Likes

those noodles look amazing!

2 Likes

omg THE CUTENESS.

3 Likes

It’s like your doing penance or something! :smiley:

I’m sure you’ll make up for it tomorrow.

1 Like

i think that pooch goes with everything!

2 Likes

Its getting hot out there. Ribs on the pellet smoker. Side of sauce . With the usual sides. Cheers .

21 Likes

platanos is a beautiful thing

2 Likes

Reminds me of my 5.5 yo spring onion. Pre-pandemic, he’d eat anything at our local TJ’s sampling kitchen. I’d buy the product, and then he refused to eat it when I prepped it at home. He kept tricking me over-and-over again (he’s a skinny mini so I was desperate to fatten him up). I finally started presenting them as little samples and he sorta showed interest. :grimacing:

10 Likes

Phenomenal … I am a grand fan of Scorpion fish or “Dragon fish” as it is also called. In Spanish it is “Cabracho” …

Looks amazing.

1 Like

Pasta Limone & Pepe and Grilled large prawns … Simple and quick …

16 Likes

Perfect summer meal! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Wow, looks delicious.

dinner plans include homemade warmed waffles and strawberry ice cream w/fresh whipped cream.
Waffles are on deck for now.

And, happy father’s day weekend!

14 Likes

Thank you @Barca! Your shrimp looks spectacular as a well.

2 Likes

Quiet day. Dinner was two humongous BISO chickie-boobies (leaving me lots for leftovers), marinated in olive oil, fresh lime juice, maple syrup, salt and TONS of freshly ground pepper, and then roasted in the oven.

Sides were Israeli Couscous and a salad of mixed lettuces I grew from seedlings, radishes, cukes, tomatoes, goat cheese, croutons, and with a honey-ginger mustard vinaigrette.

I started with vodka and cranberry juice with a twist of lime, ended with a glass of wine.

17 Likes

My dad would LOVE the size of those prawns!

2 Likes

Not sure what to call this: chicken cutlet on a bed of sautéed spinach and red onion. Lots of garlic. Usually calls for lemon but omitted it tonight and it was even better than normal. Side of my spicy stuffed zucchini and rice pilaf.

There was Stoli. Lots of Stoli. Before, during, and currently after.

17 Likes

Nice homegrown veggies. Cheers :wine_glass:

3 Likes

Such extraordinarily luscious stuff upthread!!!
Tonight, stupid simple chicken grilled after ranch marinade, baby Yukons with sour cream and chives

10 Likes