What's For Dinner #54 - The Leap Month Edition - February 2020

Thank you very much. It is turned out amazingly exceptional …

Have a lovely evening …

1 Like

Grateful to you! It makes me so happy to learn about ways to use olive oil.

On a visit to Barcelona years back, we once had a delicious chocolate pudding dessert made with olive oil. Unforgettable.

1 Like

Wow … Yes, Evoo is frequently used in tarts, bizochos, chocolate desserts amongst others.

Spain is one of the world´s largest producers of Evoo however, there is industrial level and there is a connooisseurs or Michelin level.

I am also very fond of Italian Evoo also, especially the Green used predominately for fish and seafood.

Have a lovely day … Stay well.

2 Likes

Do you remember where you had the chocolate dessert with Evoo in Barcelona ?

Hi, Barca! I think I tracked this down on an old blog by a travel writer and photographer, which is where I read about the restaurant.

We went to a then-new place in 2010 that I believe was called Quatro. The restaurant appeared to be an old neighborhood bar (Bar Quatro) that creative young people had remade. The blog post described the dessert as a “salty chocolate mousse”—which I recalled as pudding. Rich and silky.

The location was:
Cuatro
C/ Montserrat, 4 (near Drassanes Metro)

Time changes all things, so I would be surprised if the restaurant is still around.

2 Likes

Aargh, sorry that I typed “Quatro” rather than “Cuatro” above.

Thank you so much.

I shall have my secretary check to see if it is still open under the name Quatro …

Really appreciate this !!

Have a lovely day ahead.

1 Like

@Tomato, Tomato …

The bar - restaurant is CUATRO not QUATRO and it is located very close to the Cristóbal Colón Statue.
( You write this navigator´s name as Christopher Columbus ).

THE PHONE NUMBER IS: área code (34) 93 - 165 - 1644 …

It is walkable from Ciutat Vella and La Rambla or the Passeig Maritum (car free paved lane, parallel to the beach ) …

So we are planning to go over on Friday …

Thanks again …

1 Like

Yes! I caught my misspelling of the name “Cuatro” further down in the thread. The place was on a side street in a rough-looking building. We almost could not find it.

At the time, the space was like what we in the U.S. would call a “pop-up” restaurant with the most basic of furnishings. I’m not even sure there was paint on the walls! The staff offered a small menu consisting of a few creative dishes.

I hope the place has held up well over the years, but of course one never knows. May it prove to be a good experience. Please forgive me if the restaurant is no longer good! :grimacing: