What's for Dinner #53 - the Start of the New Decade Edition - January 2020

In downtown Bellingham. I didn’t know how often you passed through.

It’s been awhile now, in fact longer than I’d like to think. Always thought one of the kids would wind up at WWU, but it didn’t happen.
We’ll have to put it on our list, along with Vancouver, and that hot springs up there. Can’t remember the name at the moment. Really like that area!

If you remember the name, please share. Hot springs sounds intriguing. I think we’re off topic now though!

I forgot my favorite - snow crab leg meat with butter. Swoon.

2 Likes

Very pretty and tasty!

Harrison Hot Springs, in the valley of Fraser, BC. I hear they have especially good dinner foods there :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

MMMMMMM?..never had Ham A La King…Ham, béchamel??? and ???

1 Like

Really super nice and of course warm “Comfort 101”

1 Like

Maybe this topic deserves its own thread at this point, but here is a recipe I wrote years ago for the Hungarian ur-version. I watched some Hungarian youtube videos for information. :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you. I always enjoy reading up first.

Shepherd’s pie

Half baked until later.

14 Likes

Awesome!

Medical tests, some shopping, and then home to relax on this cold, rainy day.

Dinner is not football food, but was plated just before the start of the Patriots/Titans game. Have to say, the preceding Buffalo/Texans game was exciting! Sorry Buffalo lost.

Duck breast with a sauce of reduced fresh orange juice, pomegranate juice, a sprig of rosemary and a healthy spoon of freshly grated ginger.

Sides of Israeli Couscous and slightly overcooked asparagus. Wine.

GO PATRIOTS!

20 Likes

Endive and asparagus salad with dijon vinaigrette, red onions, and pepitas.

Ritz Cracker pork chops in the air fryer, horseradish mashed potatoes, and cauliflower gratin. Not very colorful.

16 Likes

Looks delicious nevertheless @gcaggiano! I’d like to be at your table tonight.

3 Likes

Thank you! The pork chop coating came out so well as I was breading that I wanted to fry them but a voice whispered “better decisions” and I stuck with my intent if air frying. :smiley:

3 Likes

Second attempt at white clam pizza pie . Cheers :wine_glass:

16 Likes

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

As JH in Manchester says…“Brown Glop”, but it looks delicious, no sauces served along side?

Hey lately, you are knocking it out of the park with all these different shell fishes!

1 Like