What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

Thanks @thwysg. I thought I saw a few bits of egg, but you blend it so well it looks like butter.

Nice! What’s the sauce under the shrooms?

Not dinner but something to eat from a hair salon in Turkey.

16 Likes

SPRINGBEYONDAPOSTOLI12BREADSabe6c19439bbb7fef0d86b08085e294a847a49d67f1e7476d7402978a0b99d53
ONE OF MANY I FANCY … THIS IS FROM TUSCANY …

8 Likes

@pilgrim

Real lovely French Green beans …

5 posts were split to a new topic: What do you do with saffron?

This topic deserves a dedicated thread! Please continue contributing to it so we can have a great future resource!

Smoked fish tart & salad leaves.

It’s one of those dinners where Mrs H is doing all the magic and my job is to set the table, enjoy dinner and say nice things about it. I’m told the pastry includes Parmesan and the filling includes smoked haddock, smoked salmon and a kipper.

It’s this recipe from St Delia - https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of-dish/picnic-recipes/smoked-fish-tart-with-a-parmesan-crust

As it’s Saturday, there will be starter and dessert, but nothing is planned or yet decided. I see lemon sole goujons in the freezer which would go well with tartare sauce (and cook from frozen). And there’s figs in the fridge.

11 Likes

Good lookin’ roll.

Chicken skin cracklins are a beautiful thing

3 Likes

Me too… I love all good crispy skins - salmon skin, crispy pork belly (siu yuk), chicken (especially salted chicken skin yakitori), roast duck and goose, suckling pig! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

No sauce. Plated mushrooms were drizzled with about a tablespoon Meyer lemon juice, same of EVOO, then raw egg yolk, i.e, deconstructed Mayonnaise. I stole this dish from Paris restaurant Saturne.

2 Likes

…okay, I meant good friends.

2 Likes

Me too! I love it all, but ditto on this…

3 of my favorite bites in our ‘hood…

Chicken “Oysters” Wrapped w/Chicken Skin

Animal Restaurant

Asajime Chicken Breast Wrapped w/Chicken Skin

Aburiya Raku

Salmon Belly w/Crispy Skin

Aburiya Raku

Pardon the interruption, folks… but, I mean, who doesn’t want to see some nice, crispy animal flesh?.. except for a vegetarian, of course.

12 Likes

I’m stealing it too.

1 Like

Yeah fancy grocery store near me bakes their own baguettes and their sourdough is my favorite in SF.

2 Likes

Have a wonderful trip! Best wishes to your son and his bride!:wedding::heart::champagne:

2 Likes

Gorgeous! (And I love the tea glass and saucer!)

Have a wonderful trip, and congratulations on the happy occasion!

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: What do you do with saffron?

How Lovely!

My cousin, who has been all over the world - but rarely remembers anything she eats - still says to this day that Turkey has the best food she’s ever eaten in her life. Enjoy!

2 Likes

I love it.

1 Like