What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

I think szeged is a brand of paprika. I have some but cant seem to locate it. They have different kinds and I think that is a town in Hungary too.

2 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

kept on forgetting to buy tofu from Costco
I realized it need not have any meat at all, still taste good!

1 Like

thanks .

Buttermilk Graffiti is one of my favorite books. Do you have any info on the new book? I looked online but can’t find anything. Thanks.

1 Like

Sunday: Papillote (red banded sea bream called URTA ROTEÑA in Spanish, a Rota, Cádiz wild rock fish) with seasonal vegetables …

19 Likes

Let me get my :plate_with_cutlery:. Wow!

3 Likes

@Rooster,

This is simply sublime exquisteness. And best part, so simply, my grandsons of 7 and 8 can do it too.

Have a lovely Sunday.

3 Likes

Szeged is also a region in Hungary, famous for some paprika peppers by the same name. I think there are a few national brands of paprika with Szeged in their names, and I believe it’s a protected designation. I am growing Szeged (80?) this year. Thanks @WeezieD!

Szeged paprika

Szegedi paprika

1 Like

If you ever give it a try, you need to desalinate the salty corned beef or it will be inedible. I usually buy a few corned beefs around St Patty’s day when they are on sale and stash in the freezer

2 Likes

That’s the one I meant. I guess it’s just new to me :grin:

Okay, yes, did it again and the city came up immediately. Maybe I typed it wrong because I got this guy “Csanád Szegedi is a Jewish politician from Hungary”. :confused: Paprika makes sense because they’re darn fine paprika makers.

Edit: Thanks for the links @shrinkrap. I went down a paprika rabbit hole this morning. Interesting history.

Thanks Guys!

2 Likes

Your photo could be in Martha Stewart Living. :wink: Very nice.

1 Like

No Netflix, I’m afraid.

The Cookie,

I had no idea.

I do not even know who Martha Stewart is …

Thank you …

1 Like

@PILGRIM,

Lovely French Omelette …

Haha… it’s a compliment. She’s known for liking everything to be perfect. I once read a tongue in cheek article about her perfectionism, titled “Is Martha Stewart Really Living?”

2 Likes

Probably. Pork is so dense and weird. But it looks juicy and your slices are perfect.

Thank you…but not the shoulder, the belly, the ribs…just this “other white meat”.

2 Likes

Chicken pot pie for dinner. I assembled it in a large pyrex quiche pan instead of a pie plate because I like how the top crust adheres to the filling and compresses each slice.

Happy Sunday, all!

R

5 Likes