What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

It all looks wonderful!

1 Like

Great photos and food

What a fun, delicious time! You guys get the best produce in CA :drooling_face:

3 Likes

I quickly made and wolfed down a tomato and serrano ham sandwich on homemade country white. DH’s breadmaker recipe was fantastic (straight from the Oester cookbook/manual, from what I understand).

Then I went to my wine tasting class at our local community college :heart_eyes:

p.s. Aldi parmesan and prosciutto kettle chips FTW! So moreish.

14 Likes

oh man that sandwich!

1 Like

BF took the beautiful jerk chicken i brought home, took off the skins, and made chicken enchiladas, with canned sauce - the horror! :smile: they were ok, a bit mushy, and even he said they lacked flavor. He saved the day by re-crisping the skins and giving them to me as a side. corn salad and toms, too. it was all good to come home to.

15 Likes

Speaking of porgies:

1 Like

Porgy/Seabream family

What is porgy?- food republic

Zucchini from the garden sauteed in oo and salt . White beans with garden tomato . Grilled skirt steak. Wine to drink . Cheers.

15 Likes

What’s for midnight snack. Skipped dinner at dinner time

Triscuit with figs and cheese…okay, and honey.

17 Likes

Tomato sandwiches at our house last night, too. Ours were heirloom tomato, spicy pimiento cheese, and fresh basil on toasted sourdough.

Corn on the cob dressed with olive oil as the side. But I originally wanted potato chips on the side so we snuck in a chip or three.

There will be an encore meal later in the week because there’s enough for round two. Yay.

8 Likes

Those beans!!!

Those beans look good!

1 Like

You had all this at a beach? That’s some beach you got there.

4 Likes

Yeah, I really don’t either and Idk why either. I’ve had green & brown. It’s one those foods I wanna’ like but don’t… hmmm.

1 Like

Oh wow! comes to mind.

Nice!

1 Like

How lovely. Nice job on the skirt steak.

1 Like

Stinson is a beach town, and my friends have a beach house there.

3 Likes

Yah, I looked a little closer and figured it must be something like that. How fun!

1 Like