What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

It’s a good classic song.

But it’s the start to the end of summer. Kids back in school, playing all sorts of sports, and FOOTBALL! So food thoughts for many of us turns to braised foods…once the weather gets cooler. And apple picking… slightly warmer days, crisp fall nights.

What’s on your dinner table as the leaves start to change to brilliant golds, oranges, and reds?

2 Likes

As for me? Went wicked simple with dinner after spending the day watching cheesy Amazon Prime movies.

Pan-sauteed b/s chickie boobie seasoned with s/p, Tuscan Sunset, and lemon powder. Added some white wine and lemon juice and simmered, covered, until the chicken was done. Juices reduced, and some heavy cream added for some sauciness.

Leftover rice pilaf and sauteed sugar snap peas, corn, and red bell pepper.

Wine.

13 Likes

Those veg look superb. All of it, really.

2 Likes

Copy and paste from the August thread. I want to call the September thread “I can’t believe it’s September” with this face;:grimacing:

Broiled salmon with preserved tomato’and roasted cauliflower with “chimicuhri crumble” :laughing:.

We had " FIRE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER with date, pine nut, chimichurri crumble, lemon brown butter vinaigrette" at Brix in Napa a few weeks ago, and I been wanting trying to make something similar.

And later…

12 Likes

Whole Foods had short ribs on sale last week. I made some galbijjim with some in the pressure cooker using this recipe:

14 Likes

I have a craving for red curry and jasmine rice tonight. I’m using up some dark meat chicken, a package of red curry sauce thinned with coconut milk, sweet red peppers and we’ll see if the sauce needs further doctoring. Small batch nothing fancy.

Earlier, I made a small batch of dark chocolate truffles rolled in matcha powder which we will make s’mores with later tonight with the kids.

Happy Sunday all,
R

14 Likes

Looks like tonight will be a sandwich night. Friend gave us some beautiful Jersey Tomatoes and I think I will use them in a turkey-Swiss melt.

10 Likes

Tortilla Espagnol. Ensalada. Jamon York. Pan

9 Likes

@Harters,

Tortilla Española …

Espagnol does not exist. Maybe it is a typing error !!!

Gn is like an “ñ” in Italian. In English, “Canyon” has a very similar sound.

1 Like

First dinner in September.

We, and the Weber met up once again:

Boneless Ribeye steaks courtesy of our son the Meat Cutter…

15 Likes

Damn! That looks amazing!

3 Likes

Broiled salmon with preserved tomato’and roasted cauliflower with “chimicuhri crumble” :laughing:.

We had " FIRE ROASTED CAULIFLOWER with date, pine nut, chimichurri crumble, lemon brown butter vinaigrette" at Brix in Napa a few weeks ago, and I been wanting trying to make something similar.

And later…

I should add a picture of some salad.

7 Likes

You and the Weber make a great team! The rib eyes look awesome!

2 Likes

That’s funny!

Not to mention that stuff is going all over the food you’re buying. Lord.

P.S. Shopping at 7-8am! I only get up that early if there’s a plane to catch. I bow to you.

3 Likes

Probably not much. It might be a bit redundant. We already have traditional grocery stores, WF, TJs, various shops & markets. But this one is going to make a fortune because a City Target (mini Target) is opening in the same complex.

1 Like

Okay, thanks

We have neither Whole Foods nor TJ’ s., although they aren’t that far.

Proud of The Nugget out of Woodland.

1 Like

In case anyone is interested, we had another outstanding dinner at Bloom, our favorite new restaurant. Below is a link to the details and mouth watering pictures.

6 Likes

We are having pork chops on the grill with a light plum sauce. COTC and salad. Fresh berries with ice cream. Eating al fresco on our deck, flowers were solely the inspiration of MRS. P! Needed to put on WFD so Eli will be sure to see it. When a butterfly flaps their wings in NJ…

18 Likes

@Lambchop are those planted for fall, or are they just happy to see me?

They look great .

The flowers are gorgeous @Lambchop ! Mrs. P approves :grinning: Thank you for sharing. Our little passion flower vine is starting to bloom. The limelight hydrangea is also doing well.

And speaking about a butterfly flapping their wings :blush:

13 Likes