What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

Pretty too.

I like how you improvise when you don’t have or like an ingredient. Sometimes I don’t make something if I don’t have everything the recipe calls for. I gotta’ stop that.

1 Like

Home after 4 hour drive. Drag supermarket roast chicken carcass from ice chest, place in covered pot in 275degree oven with half an onion and garlic clove, cover with water…and take a nap.

Awakened by deep chicken aroma. Add egg noodles and picked chicken meat. Effortless dinner.

Leftovers for lunch tomorrow.

17 Likes

Oh, yes.

1 Like

Aw, thanks! Rules are just a challenge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Short ribs off the smoker then steamed in the oven to finish. Juicy meat and creamy roasted potatoes

16 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: More gadgets in a new apartment?

Yums!

4 Likes

Mmmm. Now I’m craving chicken soup, and it’s cool enough to justify making it… :smiley:

Gorgeous plate, especially the “tomato party”!

1 Like

Still hot here in La La Land. Not feeling much like cooking, but tired of sandwiches. I hopped over to the Farmers Market to get fixins’ for GAZPACHO.

Strawberries, Tomatoes, Green Bell Pepper, Fennel, Garlic, Bread, Soda Water, Salt, Drizzled w/Arbosana EVOO

Seascapes from Harry’s Berries

Cherry Tomatoes from Menos Organic Farms

Bell Peppers from Tapia Bros

More on that delicious corn later…

20 Likes

That’s new to me! Does it taste/feel carbonated?

1 Like

Okay, so it’s not just me. I hadn’t heard of it either. The recipe called for 1 cup to be added to the food processor with the fruits, vedge & bread. It might have brightened it a bit but I didn’t really taste carbonation. I think I’d use less next time or more bread. It was really delish but a tad watery.

1 Like

Upcoming - steak and Blacksticks Blue cheese pie (supermarket). Tinned or frozen veg of some sort.

Although we got back from a trip on Sunday, our heads are still on holiday and just can’t be arsed with any serious cooking.

9 Likes

This will usually take a while. :smile:

3 Likes

Welcome to our site. Very different from the old site many of us migrated from 4 years ago.
Hope you find, like I have a bunch of sincere people who discuss anything food.

3 Likes

Long time, no see. Hi @Gio!

4 Likes

Pan fried salted saba;
Tomato salad - cherry tomatoes with vinegar + olive oil + sugar/salt + bonito flakes;
Shijimi miso soup - no mitsuba or spring onions to go with it.

9 Likes

And Hi from me, old friend.

5 Likes

Gio! So good to hear from you! Hope all is well.

4 Likes

@thwysg Where are you based?

I keep telling myself this! One of these days I’ll listen… :joy: