What's for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

Plums in two colors, blue cheese, EVOO, cracked pepper

Seaweed noodles with scallions and soy, cauliflower with scallions and ginger, teriyaki burgers

17 Likes

Aren’t those vegetables? :blush:

2 Likes

Yum!

Sure am .I’ll suffer for my food .

2 Likes

chorizo and egg tacos - two ways. one a regular open-faced taco, with jack cheese, and the other had a fried tortilla with a little cheese inside but also on the outside, fried to crispy golden deliciousness. Chorizo cooked with tons of scallions and jalapeno. BF made corn salad and sliced up a tomato to go with.

chorizo%20%26%20egg%20tacos%202%20ways-2

12 Likes

Cured salmon on toast. Homemade salmon from a while ago using a fennel-onion cure.

15 Likes

Late night Chicken Korma. I marinated the chicken in curry and spices before GRILLING it (not sauteeing as most recipes suggest) and finishing in the creamy korma sauce. Side of [keto-friendly for my BF :expressionless:] cauliflower rice…and [very much not keto] naan.

15 Likes

Looks delicious

2 Likes

How long can you enjoy the salmon?

Rick bayless’ Casserole style zucchini tamal. Perfect for times of zucchini overload. I make it in two dishes. The recipe calls for chopped ham which I wouldn’t eat but know DH will, so 2 steaming pots (with all the stuff in the kitchen, the pantry, the basements &the garage, I could not find 2 dishes that fit in my biggest pot w steamer. Grrr. )
Not as pretty as a tamale but almost as good!

19 Likes

Oh my that’s incredible.

Bookmarked!

1 Like

It was sliced and frozen flat in layers, well wrapped and into a freezer bag.

I’ve been peeling off a layer at a time (still frozen), and it’s been about 6 months. Two layers left (for now… :joy:)

This was Atlantic salmon, so it’s much fattier than my usual wild, which might not have done as well.

2 Likes

Minestrone and a semi-flopped foccacia. Soup was good, anyway.

14 Likes

Steak rolled with spinach and provolone. Pan-seared in cast iron and finished in the oven. Best steak I’ve had in a while!

17 Likes

What cut do you use? It looks delicious!

1 Like

The weekend is on the horizon. Hallefreakinlujah.

Easy dinner: roasted chicken breast seasoned under and over the skin with combo of minced fresh rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, salt and pepper.

Sides were Israeli couscous and sauteed green beans, onions, and some of my patio tomatoes that I’m surprisingly still harvesting from the container garden on my desk. (And there are about 12-15 more still working on getting red!)

Oh yeah. There was wine tonight.

15 Likes

Peach and fresh mozzarella

What family calls “mashed, smashed chicken”, sauteed potato and onion, grilled sweet pepper, “white gravy”.

15 Likes

That sounds and looks delicious!

I keep coming back to this photo. Those plums look amazing.

2 Likes