What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Done!

I ended up referring to Serious Eats as well.

Husband ate it! He picked out anchovies. :neutral_face: That I brought back from Spain.

But I ate them, so it’s all good.

12 Likes

I’m not a heterosexual female who has recently entered “middle age” and has never worn makeup, but if someone is offering homemade Turkish food then I’ll gladly let someone make me up as well.

I’ve been waiting for the dictator to be voted out of the government, then I will commence my holidays in Turkey. It’s high on my list and want to eat real Turkish food. I’m lucky the Turk community here is quite big, that means easy access to ingredients.

7 Likes

The drawing… cute :laughing: hand-drawn like many adverts in parts of Asia.

2 Likes

Okay, wait…

Bastard! Pearls before swine. BF what do the same. It looks fantastic!

1 Like

I’ve come across good local ones in Mallorca. I think versions are widely available in Catalonia so you should be able to do some sampling in Barca.

1 Like

To start - lemon sole goujons, salad garnish, tartare sauce

To follow - roast leg of lamb, roast spuds, carrots, green beans, gravy, mint sauce

To finish - Apple Brown Betty & vanilla ice cream

8 Likes

That is a shrimp tempura with spicy tuna and avocado wrapped in soybean. They didnt say this on the menu, but there was rice in it, not much. I ate it anyway.

The left is spicy tuna naruto and top right is tuna, salmon and yellowtail naruto.

I will have crabs this afternoon. I’ll post some pics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Killer meal, @mariacarmen

1 Like

I :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: this ENTIRE meal!

1 Like

Looking forward to miso butter on a few steaks with roasted peppers later.

• 1 stick of butter at room temperature
• 1/4 cup white miso
• 2 tablespoons finely minced chives
• 3 cloves garlic finely diced
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• generous pinch of cayenne pepper

found fresh lychees for dessert

R

8 Likes

grazie!

1 Like

Si - remember them from when we lived there! Can’t wait.

1 Like

Yum! I have a ton of tomatoes from the FM today and I have a bag of baby potatoes from this weeks produce box so I’m all over this. Thanks.

Edit- got up and got these guys ready for the oven.

10 Likes

Some hors d’oeuvres…

I think I’m too full for dinner. Yes, I picked the wrong plate for the job😜

The di Parma was the star of this spread.

20 Likes

Can you say more? Roasted olives? Oh! Those are tomatoes!

Italian Sausage grilled on the Weber, and nestled into a crusty Bommarito Bakery roll.

Corn on the Cob also fired on the grill…

18 Likes

Currently outside waiting for a table at Barnacle Bill’s in Rumson NJ on this beautiful summer evening.

Tito’s. I’m not normally a straight vodka guy ever, but just had a craving.

12 Likes

Looks fantastic, @corvette_johnny

A few pounds of roasted cherry tomatoes. Tossed in thyme, basil, and a few lemon slices. Salt. Roasted for 35 mins and now they are jarred up and in the frig.

5 Likes