What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

What fun! Where in Turkey? (General rule - if local food is involved, say yes!)

3 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking, and what son knows. I’ll come back with the city. I know it is on the Black Sea, and about three or four hours from Istanbul

ETA Where in Turkey? Ereğli! Then Istanbul, then Portugal.

3 Likes

Now that sounds like good times ahead. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding

2 Likes

You too!

Son moved to Turkey from Orlano, Florida in January. Sort of glad to not be watching hurricanes this season. Stay safe!

2 Likes

so exciting!!

1 Like

Yes, please stay safe!

1 Like

Fascinating… seems as though there are two Ereglis!

Do you have an accurate thermometer? Temperature is crucial to hollandaise and bearnaise.

yep, thermapen. my sister makes mayo all the time without the use of a thermometer.

I forgot about that . I think it is “Karadeniz Ereğli”.

You don’t need the thermometer for mayo!

Friend cooked for me last night. Pakistani kadhai chicken, Turkiah okra, rice. Started with a delicious but simple romaine and chickpea salad dressed with lemon juice and olive oil.

I picked up dessert and some goodies for her from TJ - chocolate ice cream and fleur de sel caramels, plus
Calabrian chile hot sauce and zhoug.

Remembered to take a pic of salad, but was too hungry to pause before we decimated the rest :joy:

11 Likes

Nice! I’m inspired to make some chick pea salad.

1 Like

oh, ok! thx.

1 Like

what is that sprinkled on the romaine? lemon zest? looks delicious!

Lemon zest, cumin, chilli powder. So delicious!

6 Likes

Perfect

Nice! You really are making the most of the long weekend - I’m going to have to follow your example and get the grill going.

1 Like

I’m a heterosexual middle aged man who has never worn make-up, but if someone is offering homemade Turkish food then I’ll gladly let someone make me up.

9 Likes

Have you tried this:

2 Likes