What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

Let me know when the next pizza party is :smile:

3 Likes

Thanks! So far (after two days) the stove is a thing of beauty. Really fast boiling a pot of water for pasta, and it came back to a boil really quickly after adding the pasta. The broiler seems to be the weakest link, but I love everything else about it.

2 Likes

Leftovers tonight!

Bear is that stove a duo fuel?

1 Like

No, Foodhunter. I had read that gas broilers are often superior to simple electric ones, so I went with all gas. As I said, this broiler is a bit more powerful than my other, but not amazingly so. Hopefully I won’t regret it. It is a convection oven so it should be okay for baking. My last oven was an inexpensive gas convection oven and it worked pretty evenly, so we’ll see how this one goes.

1 Like

Very nice!

1 Like

Thanks @ChristinaM -

That was a funny article. Amiel Stanek loves him some CGS (crispy-gone-soggy). I hadn’t really thought about the amount of CGS foods we all love (Kenji Lopez-Alt put a little more science into explaining why :wink:). It makes the Katsudon not seem so weird. I’m gonna’ use more egg next time, hah. It also explains why it’s better later after everything is soaked in - because it’s really supposed to be a quick meal for leftover (less crispy) Katsu.

Anyhoo, thanks for posting. I picked up a quick bean recipe too.

Happy Eating!

2 Likes

I like second-day eggplant parmesan for the same reason!

1 Like

Looks really good and healthy. I like your photo progression of the meal. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lovely stove!

Did you see the eggplant parm in the photo?!! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Getting a new stove is the best. Enjoy. Oh and the cheesy cheese on your pizza looks scrumptious.

1 Like

Peruvian chicken and jamaican jerk sweet potato

13 Likes

After a week in the desert (Outskirts of Phoenix, Arizona. Highs hovered around 115 nearly the whole time I was there), I was thrilled to eat a ton of veggies grown by myself and my mom. Dinner tonight was steak, tomato salad with sweet onions and basil, cucumber salad with sweet onions and buttered green beans. We snacked on grilled shishitos beforehand.

I will say, NJ isn’t perfect, but it was damn refreshing to experience this on the other end of that flight.

16 Likes

Looking good Johnny! Those Jamaican jerk sweet potatoes sound interesting. Were they sweet and spicy?

1 Like

Repurposed Chicken Breast diced in a salad for dinner. Many add-ins.

10 Likes

I topped them off with this

https://www.urbanaccents.com/product/jamaican-jerk-taco-simmer-sauce/

They had some heat but you still could taste the sweet potato. If you can find some of that sauce I think you will really like it! Mrs P might have to kick up the heat, but as it stands it has a great flavor.

4 Likes

What do you use to make your Peruvian chicken? I use jar stuff I get in the Super Supermarket in Asbury Park. I mostly love the flavor but it is a little salty.

1 Like

Pushing 100 today. What’s easy? Pillsbury pizza dough sheet from Grocery Outlet cooked on floor of oven. Over stove fan kept area cool. Defrosted sauce. DH commented that it was quite decent pizza. Certainly easy enough.
Flame roasted red peppers
43%20PM

39%20PM

11 Likes

Thanks Johnny! It looks really good.