What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

You have been blessed with a great son! I mean Great loving son!

1 Like

…is supposed to say “did reverse sear mine too”.

1 Like

Got two huge lobsters at the farmers market yesterday. Yielded 20 oz of shelled, cooked meat. I was surprised that the price per pound was considerably less than when I get small ones. My preference is …smaller is better and smaller is more tender. Concerned that the big ones would be tough, I put them (in the canvas bag) in the freezer for an hour. They went into the pot sleepily and I believe results were more tender than if they hadn’t been in the freezer. Used half last night for a requested dinner of lobster Newberg. It was delicious. Tonight I’ll use the rest for a more healthy stir fry. I love lobster:).

14 Likes

Ramen

Hi @ChristinaM, I have a Sake loving friend who thinks Riesling is a good substitute.

2 Likes

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

I’ve started a new September thread here:

4 Likes

11 Likes

No, but I’m gonna’ look for it. I’ve been obsessing over my buddy’s orgasmic experience with Butter Chicken at Amber in SF. It looks like a relatively easy dish to make. I’m doin’ it.

Thanks for the tip about Kerrygold @Saregama.

2 Likes

Okay, so, my mind didn’t even compute that as a literal statement until @mariacarmen’s comment. Who are you people?

4 Likes

Delightful report @Ttrockwood.

1 Like

Me too!

1 Like

Wow, how big were those lobsters?

1 Like

Here’s a link to the closest version I can find to the long-lost handwritten recipe I was given at the original Amber India about 20 years ago:

My review is now here: Butter Chicken at Amber India (Santana Row, SJ)

5 Likes

Thanks, Buddy!

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

I forgot to weigh before I cooked them. And they are sold at the market at a price per each. They seemed HUGE to me. $20 each which seemed expensive but worked out to be a good deal:)

I don’t peel, I’ve never felt I needed to.

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s for Dinner #49 - the Falling Leaves Edition - Sept 2019

Wow, I didn’t even imagine, that such type of dinners exist. Caviar dinner is anything brilliant for me! As I am the great fan of fish and everything connected to it.

3 Likes

Holy cow lucky lady. Live the pics.