What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

i’ve done the shock-and-peel for a summer pasta - just-shocked cherry tomatoes, chopped up, and thinly sliced garlic, mixed with hot pasta. love! but it’s too much work for certain things, I think, and I don’t mind the skins.

2 Likes

Yay!

Just saying… pulled the skins AFTER roasting and it was only a LITTLE fiddly.

3 Likes

Supermarket gnocchi - boiled then finished in the frying pan to get just a touch crispy. Supermarket spicy tomato sauce. Parmesan

Fruit to follow.

4 Likes

Trust me they won’t walk down the aisle in diapers!

4 Likes

Have you tried blender hollandaise? Martha Stewart has a great recipe. I’m sure you could adapt it.

1 Like

I don’t use our Sprouts due to a silly issue that I had right after they opened. If I’m shopping, it’s early morning - like 7 or 8 a.m. I did this at Sprouts a few times, and they always had this hideous gas fume belching loud floor polishing machine running. I could not stand the noise/fumes. I mentioned it to the manager when he asked if everything was okay. He looked at me like I was from Mars and shrugged (I suggested that they run that machine before they had customers in the store). So, for the health of my ears/lungs/brain, we have not been back. Probably my loss as it seems like a pretty good store.

3 Likes

Honey, I’ve tried them ALL. stick blender, blender, by hand, etc. i’ve made it work exactly TWICE. i’m not going to say I’m giving up forever, but it got so frustrating I haven’t tried in a few years.

The Sprouts I have been to have too much packaging, so I stopped going.

2 Likes

Interesting. My location has very little prepacked produce. I see people bringing their own reusable bags for produce frequently. I’ve only visited Sprouts in NC & FL. The locations were were very similar in layout and in having most produce loose.

2 Likes

I’m going to go back this weekend, to see if I can sort it out. Aside from it being maybe one or two miles out of the way, I suspect they are not offering something I want that I don’t get in usual places. I DO go outside of my comfort zone from time to time.

I know tat this is not the purpose f this team, but I’m curious what Sprouts brings to the “table”, especially here in Nor Cal.

3 Likes

it was many years ago, so maybe they’ve changed. I don’t have one near me now though, and have enough other shopping options.

Leftovers tonight. Smoked chicken deboned, chopped and sauced for BBQ chicken. Dinner tomorrow at friends. The next couple of days are dictated by hurricane Dorian’s path and effect.

8 Likes

Stay safe! What evacuation zone are you in? At least it is a new moon rather than a full moon.

1 Like

Imma big fan of immersion blender emulsions… but I do think results can vary significantly by blender… and by quantity.

I have no idea. Track shows it heading north up the east side of the state as opposed to crossing over near Tampa Bay as was previously predicted

2 Likes

http://kyz.pinellascounty.org/

All my family is in “B”. I always bought my homes with this in hand! I prefer to be high and dry!

2 Likes

yep, that was one of my two successes - with the immersion (stick) blender. ONCE. the 4 other times I tried with the same blender it didn’t work. :angry:

1 Like

Well home dinner plans are scrapped. Wifey came home all stressed out about my daughter’s wedding in Nov and her inability to find cloths that fit…:roll_eyes:and said we are meeting my cousin and his wife at their condo on the beach, spending the night and then heading to friends Sat night for dinner which was already planned

No biggy. I’m just trying to do a blind cigar and spirit review that needs to be turned in tomorrow and watching heavy rain fall at the moment

I guess life don’t suck all things considered. I think the spirit is Irish :shamrock:
The cigar is a custom Cuban and quite good. Looking forward to finding out who the roller was

9 Likes

So frustrating!

1 Like

Me too, only son’s wedding, in Turkey, in September. And clothes fit, but too many rules!

Just to keep this on topic, son is asking do I want to have make up done “with everyone e!se”. He knows I’m not interested, but adds " there will be plenty of food and stuff though. They are setting it up for you guys".

3 Likes