What's for Dinner #45 - 05/2019 - The Sunshiny, Flowery & Blooming May Edition

These are literally sweet potatoes done on spiraling machine/tool. I have one (was a gift) but mine is not easy to use for hard things.

1 Like

Interesting the proportion of oil to vinegar is like half the usual amount of vinegar. I’ll definitely try this once i get some decent sherry vinegar! (Go figure that’s not one of the five vinegars i do have)

1 Like

I love pani puri!! Totally in awe you made them at home

1 Like

Why why why is it still cold and raining?!? I realized i needed soup and just started tossing stuff in the pot with my sautéed onion and garlic- some carrots, a pack of clearance shredded red cabbage, lots of tomato paste, can of tomatoes, fennel seed, thyme, black pepper and salt. Added a can of chickpeas after this terrible photo. I let it reduce a little too much so it was a bit thicker than I anticipated but i liked that. Turned kind of a crazy color from the cabbage tomato combo.
This better be the last soup i make until next october!

12 Likes

Look at that gorgeous loaf!

Homemade bread is such a treat… I don’t bake it unless I have people over or I’m at someone else’s house, or I’ll eat through it 2-3 days tops :joy:

2 Likes

No pics :frowning: but pan seared steelhead with cauliflower purée and salad

5 Likes

Good lookin’ loaf!

We all say that. :smile:

4 Likes

That soup looks delicious…rich and hearty for this yucky weather!

1 Like

The first bottle I received from Harvey was in 2005 and never opened it till last year and it was fine. Remember that it’s mostly sugar and salt.

2 Likes

More “pasta” with veggies. I can get this dinner completely done in 20 minutes. The baby liked it but my husband gave it too thumbs down. These pastas without flour need a real sauce to drown them in. This was made from lentils.

7 Likes

Harrumph :triumph: It looks good to me. I generally shy away from saucy pastas.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried the lentil pasta yet, but I’d agree for ww, quinoa, brown rice, and black bean pastas :joy:

1 Like

Two big lamb loin chops, easily 2cm thick, cooked under the grill. With mint sauce, of course. And steamed purple sprouting broccoli and Jersey Royals (the latter tossed in butter and chopped parsley).

Followed by Red Storm - a Red Leicester lookalike from the Snowdonia Cheese Company, which I picked up at a farm shop in Wales last week. Good flavour (it’s aged 18 months) but a bit soft and cloying in texture. Had it with a handful of sultanas and some hazelnuts.

9 Likes

I guess you are still solo?..None the less don’t get caught in bed eating pizza and drinking beer!!!
Sounds like a simple, comforting meal in front of the tube!

1 Like

My Ode to the iron miners of the UP. Takeaway Cornish Pasty.

And another contribution to the beige foods subset submitted.

Made without rutabaga, so an inauthentic Pasty…

14 Likes

Still cold here, luckily the rain stopped.

Mussels with French tarragon cream sauce.

Salad with goat cheese, trout roe…

Prawns and more tarragon, avocado sphagetti

Grilled pork, mushroom, onion noodle in a lamb and rabbit bones broth

15 Likes

What a meal!

3 meals, not 1. :yum:

2 Likes

Nice Homage!

1 Like