What's for Dinner #43 - 03/2019 - the SMarch Edition

Great idea!! :joy::upside_down_face:

Which recipe did you use?

That lentil waffle looked really good!

1 Like

Short ribs were frozen from Trader Joe’s - but I didn’t enjoy the marinade, it was too sweet and 1-note. I boiled it and added gochujang and doenjang for a sauce.

Spinach was no-recipe, but the one in Koreatown is very good (soy, sesame oil, garlic, pinch of salt, pepper and sugar).

1 Like

Another cooking break, pizza night.

San Marzano tomatoes, mozzarella fior di latte and hot salame

San Marzano tomatoes, capers, olives, fior di latte and Cetara anchovies

Italian beer - Baladin Nazionale Blonde IIPA and Baladin Superbitter.

18 Likes

A quiet day: waking up late, watching the snow (and then rain) fall, reading, watching videos, doing laundry.

Dinner was a proper Sunday dinner: roast chicken, creamy sour cream mashed potatoes and sauteed carrots, sugar snap peas, and red bell pepper with a combo of Penzeys’ Fox Point seasoning and Fine Herbes blend.

Wine.

20 Likes

We had a fabulous dinner at Viaggio in Wayne, NJ. The writeup and pictures are in the below link.

8 Likes

Those both look awesome!

1 Like

Chicken looks wonderful!

2 Likes

Scallops, broccoli mac, and leftover salads. We actually tricked the toddler into tasting/eating salad greens and broccoli by loudly discussing how much his best toddler bud LOVES them.:joy:

17 Likes

It’s so interesting how much influence peers have even at such a young age. Kids are such sponges - just absorbing information constantly. Congrats on being able to use it for the good of adventurous eaters every where!

7 Likes

I know! I was shocked it worked! He understands so much.

1 Like

Wow, your partner has really perfected his pizzas. Those look divine!

1 Like

It is amazing. My younger sisters are 14 months apart. The eldest completely reverted to being a baby within a week of the youngest ones birth. They went through the stages of eating, crawling, walking, everything as though they were twins. The elder definately saw that she was no longer the baby and decided that wasn’t going to work for her. And she never changed her mind until she began nursery school at age 4.

7 Likes

Sounds like the TJ ones came out of an extruder

it doesn’t help that i drank like a fish. :grinning:

2 Likes

that is one beautimous chicken!

1 Like

stunning pizza!

i love fresh garbanzo beans. resisted the urge to buy some today because i had other cooking projects in mind and i knew i wouldn’t get to the garbanzos this week (we’re out of town this coming weekend.) Green garbanzo hummus is to die for!

1 Like

finally back in the kitchen. I made a bastardized version of the NYT recipe for huevos rotos, adding in mexi-chorizo, cilantro, sour cream and avo. only half of my potatoes were really crispy but this was still a great dish. very filling. salad of tomatoes, red onion, oregano, red wine vinegar and evoo on the side.

also made a dark roux for gumbo z’herbs using collard greens from a friend’s garden (from my FLA trip), a ham hock, and andouille sausage. pics of the stages of the darkening roux. There’s enough gumbo for 3 meals.

also made Instant Pot Rancho Gordo black beans and a shit-ton of carnitas for tacos. we shall not go hungry this week.

gumbo%20roux1

gumbo%20roux%202

gumbo%20roux3

and a gratuitous pics of 2 of the twelve new baby goats at the yard where i volunteer. They were born just 2 weeks ago. I love them so much!

17 Likes

Out with friends last night, home a bit late and also hungry yet not ambitious or trustworthy with a knife…! Had found vegan kimchi ramen the other day and made that- with just part of the scary red packet. Tasty and certainly had a kick to it

Cabbage stew is back! Lots of running all over this afternoon in the chilly rain, needed something hot and warming. Onions, garlic, lots of tomato paste, coriander, fennel seeds, soy sauce, chopped tomatoes, carrots, white beans, cabbage…
had a big bowl of it and finally felt warm!
Bubbly kombucha a la carte

13 Likes