What's for Dinner #37 - the School's Back! Sept '18 Edition

No, they were purchased from Aldi. Ain’t nobody got time for that with a baby :wink:

3 Likes

I have had gnocchi made with squash, I would imagine there are many variations out there.

1 Like

UGH! I’ve seen the Columbia Gas trucks from all over as I drive to work - yesterday I saw 4 trucks with Virginia license plates. I’m hoping they get it fixed/repaired/replaced fast for you, @grumpyspatient.

4 Likes

good to know, i definitely want to do this!

that monster beats hell out of my pork monster!

that dinner looks fantastic. will you freeze the rest of the zucchini bowls, or are you having the neighborhood over? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dude, you’re not really doing Italy low carb, are you? i could never, and I’m not even that much of a pasta-head!

however, i’m with you on the mangia pork belly! Enjoy!!

3 Likes

WFD-leftovers. Clean sweep. Bits and pcs to bring the food container engineering to a manageable level. Lol…

Cheers🍷
Rooster

3 Likes

Trader Joe’s has one that is gf and involves cauliflower and cassava flour.

1 Like

I made dinner to bring to a friend with a new baby tomorrow - green chili chicken thighs, yellow rice and cauliflower “pilaf”, seared zucchini and corn with onion and coriander, and calico beans. I also got cider doughnuts, sliced mango, and white “sangria” fruit juice blend. The salsa on the chicken was from a local taco bar and good.

I doubled the meal so dinner was ready:

I had a little green salad alongside.

12 Likes

That looks delicious

Walked into a produce market that had bags of shishito peppers. I love these

More crab cakes with a side of grilled shishito peppers

3 Likes

Looonnngg day- schlepping through the downpours and wind in nyc and then had to go to Philly for some meetings this afternoon- unfortunately didn’t see much of the city at all except for the train station! I did find myself a delicious fluffy soft pretzel though.

Got home late and soggy.
Big glass of wine (moscato) followed by a mug of the same zucchini/orzo/tomato soup from last night. Side of bell pepper strips with jane’s krazy mixed up salt.

6 Likes

Just ate the last piece for lunch today!! Still have more zukes & don’t have the heart to toss them in the compost, so tonight it was zoodles w/cherry toms & pesto with a sadly boring grilled pork chop…

11 Likes

those are the best looking zoodles i’ve seen yet.

and good job on eating all of the monster!

3 Likes

Thanks!

Those ARE good looking zoodles!

Have you tried Kenjis best seared pork chop recipe?

Perfect Pan-Seared Pork Chops Recipe

You have to plan ahead, though.

3 Likes

Broiled shrimp and cod over linguini with lots of lemon, fresh herbs and parm. Roasted asparagus and Vino.

Cubed fresh papaya and mango over the last batch of peach ice cream.

Cheers🍷
Rooster

8 Likes

What is janes crazy mixed up salt?

Vietnamese style prawn with lemongrass, garlic, nuoc mam, wine, ginger and coriander.

Inspired from the discussion on chicken skin yakitori. My version:

With a fig salad.

Not intentional, but we had some gnocchi in the freezer. From Nice rather than Italy or Spain. Home grown tomatoes, pancetta, burrata, olives and garlic confit.

Tonight, nothing fancy, chicken curry with lemon grass, ginger and coconut milk. Sauce was the best.

16 Likes

Oooh it’s like salty magic! Just salt and their proprietary herbs and spice mix
Usually just in regular grocery stores, seems to be fairly easy to find for me

3 Likes