What's for Dinner #21 - 05/2017 - Garden Banquet edition

Ina’s parmesan chicken with arugula salad. Makes a really quick and tasty dinner. A flattened chicken breast is floured, dipped in egg thinned with water, and then coated with seasoned bread crumbs (I used panko with salt, pepper, dried oregano, and garlic powder) and parmesan . Saute in butter and olive oil until brown and crispy. Top chicken with salad.

2 Likes

Last couple of dinners. It’s nice and cool again today. Phew… Dropped 10 degrees Celsius overnight.

Simple (sous vide/“SV”) salmon, then seared.

The wine. From deep south of Netherlands. To make it sparkling the traditional method they had to send to a maker in Germany. This bottle costs eur.15. In Bremm I paid around eur.10 on average. But it’s different at the source so can’t really complain about the extra euros it costs me. Partner agrees we should go clear the shelf at the supermarket near my house because we this wine tastes good and can’t be found anywhere in the country.

Yesterday. Fermented black beans in a bag, not ready made sauce by Lee Kum Kee. The redness came from Sichuan chillies in oil. Also, there’s tamari, onions, garlic etc.

Plate.

Half moon tonight. Just made the photo and now you’re seeing it here.

@naf, yes, truffle.

6 Likes

It was a use-it-or-freeze-it night for dinner, even though it’s usually a Friday night meal. But I’m hoping to have some sangria and tapas this Friday night, so tonight was steak night.

A rib-eye steak was seasoned lightly with olive oil, Penzey’s Old World seasoning and some minced fresh rosemary, then grilled on the grill pan; finished in the oven to 135° on the Thermapen.

Baked tater and steamed asparagus (and a glass of wine) alongside. T’was good.

5 Likes

I started a new June thread here: