What's for Dinner #104 - the Almost Green Edition - March 2024

LindaWhit - I hope you’re loving your new easy clean up stove top. I’ve had one for probably 20 years. Just in case you don’t already know.One thing I learned on CH years ago was when a poster warned against setting a hot/wet lid top on a burner and it broke/sucked the burner right up. We’d been doing that for years up until then. Now we tilt it between the stove and counter. I don’t remember who that poster was but I think of her every time. Funny how someone you don’t even know on an Internet forum can make a difference in someone else’s kitchen. :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Beautiful!

2 Likes

Thank you!

Interesting artichoke :wink:

1 Like

Beef, it’s what’s for dinner.

Well, beef tartare to be exact.

14 Likes

Easter Dinner was ham, cornbread stuffing w/ gravy, brown sugar & butter sweet potatoes, corn, peas, cranberry sauce and home made rolls (using Glen & Friends Recipe).

As for dessert, I cheated & picked up an apple pie (earlier in the week). I did heat it up and serve with some vanilla ice cream on top.

Everyone enjoyed their Easter Dinner!!

19 Likes

Pork vindaloo (cubed pork loin chops, coconut vinegar, garlic, coriander, cumin, sirarakhong chili, turmeric, red onion, cashews, coconut milk, cilantro) and stir-fried green cabbage with fennel seeds (green cabbage, cumin & fennel & sesame seeds, onion, cayenne, garam masala, lemon juice) - served over rice

13 Likes

Oops I meant avocado :grin: I also described the main course not the man course :laughing: The edit button disappears too fast - blarg!

4 Likes

I started the new April thread here:

5 Likes

I’m sure all of us had similar brain farts, but I totally get the annoyance when the edit window has passed. I hate typos/mistakes, but remind myself that it doesn’t matter in the big picture, unless it completely changes the meaning of what I was trying to convey :wink:

4 Likes

I sometimes will message a mod and ask them to correct my typos.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m not that obsessed about it :wink:

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

(post deleted by author)

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: What’s For Dinner #105 - the Start Your Gardens! Edition - April 2024