What's for Dinner #104 - the Almost Green Edition - March 2024

Pizza night at Club B: perhaps some of the best dough ever, with lots of homemade toppings like meatballs, sausage, roasted eggplant and red peppers.

My favorite pie was the white one with B shproutz and garlic. A ridiculously luscious coconut cake was a collaborative effort between our host and our buddy.

Can’t wait to find out WFD tonight :blush:

20 Likes

Thank you Denise!

1 Like

Happy #13—keep on celelebrating!

1 Like

Thank you! We will :slightly_smiling_face: We have another nice dinner reserved tonight in the pouring rain.

3 Likes

Happy anniversary! To love and be loved is the greatest gift of all <3

3 Likes

Nominations for Dish and Cuisine of the Quarter are open!
https://www.hungryonion.org/t/spring-2024-apr-jun-dish-of-the-quarter-nominations/38252/2
https://www.hungryonion.org/t/spring-2024-apr-jun-cuisine-of-the-quarter-nominations/38253/2

ETA - Links to past winners here:

1 Like

Thank you! Happy Birthday to your PIC, and congratulations on your good health news! It looks like you and your friends are having a fabulous celebration. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Messy rainy day running errands.
Even more messy night as the rain comes in via downpours until midnight.

Dinner was Za’atar Sheet Pan Chicken, with potatoes, broccoli, and red onion and a tahini-lemon drizzle on top. Very good!

Three Fingers Jack Chardonnay alongside.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a41461294/zaatar-sheet-pan-chicken-recipe/?

22 Likes

Bucatini/pesto/ mushrooms/bacon/sauteed onions and fresh diced tomatoes. 2 pasta dinners in a week is enough for me.

22 Likes

I know I’m a little late to the party - and I do hope you are partying - GREAT NEWS!!!

Edited to add - I replied to your post before I finished reading. It looks like you are having many great parties all rolled up into one. Happy Birthday to your PIC!

1 Like

Tagliatelle with hot fennel sausage and baby super greens with a light lemon garlic cream sauce. I was a bit heavy-handed with the heat: cobanero chili, Urfa biber and fermented white pepper, but delicious nonetheless. Luckily there is always Pepcid.

23 Likes

This looks delicious! Is there a recipe you can reference?

2 Likes

An old timey recipe ~ Shrimp DeJongne or De Jongne🙂 Jumbo black tiger shrimp from Aldi(thanks Lingua). Plenty of butter, sherry, garlic, spidgen of paprika for color and four Hawaiian sweet rolls(I had to make two stops and finally buy a 12 pack) crumbled/dried out in the oven. All mixed together to top shrimp. Some of you might think that sherry and HSR would turn out too sweet. But this was really good. And I forgot to add the chopped flat leaf parsley I had ready in the fridge so tossed it on the top at the end. I’m burned out on asparagus.

And a little dessert from Aldi.

19 Likes

I ate to excess last night. Take-out tonkatsu ramen, karaage (Japanese fried chicken) from Tondou , pepperoni and mushroom pizza from the Fourth Man in the Fire pizzeria and half a very big chocolate chip- Cadbury mini eggs cookie from Coco’s Coffee Shop on College St.

That led me to make a lighter dinner tonight. I finally cooked up my Prima Taste Laksa. I added Tuscan kale, which simmered with the noodles , because I didn’t eat vegetables yesterday.

19 Likes

Enjoy! Glad to hear about good oncology news. Here at my house, way too much oncology shit in the past year but so far so good

9 Likes

#1 son went to Highland County VA for maple syrup week and brought me lots of syrup. So dinner was maple syrup glazed pork tenderloin, mushroom ravioli w/ sautéed oyster mushrooms, and cabbage slaw. No complaints!

20 Likes

Hot wings on the Big Green Egg. Carrot sticks.

Double dipping: 1) Frank’s hot sauce, butter, and a homemade serrano pepper sauce, and 2) Penzey’s Ranch spice mix with mayo, sour cream, and buttermilk.

20 Likes

Keep up the good work and positive thoughts! I’m new to the game and wish all players the best.

2 Likes

Continuing with our pre-anniversary dinner, we enjoyed a fabulous dinner at James on Main, in Hackettstown, NJ, including roasted duck with plum glaze, green papaya salad, thai red chilis, crushed peanuts, lime; moules frites with Maine mussels, saffron, white wine, garlic and dijon served with fresh cut fries; Diver scallops with lobster butter, wood fired corn cake, chestnut mushrooms; pork belly mole with house made tortilla and black bean salad; black sea bass with white asparagus, petit red watercress, pommes puree, banyuls vinaigrette; big eye tuna crudo with crispy sticky black rice, coconut and lemongrass nage, fried ginger, sweet soy, micro shiso; For dessert we enjoyed an awesome crispy, sweet, and salty chocolate semifreddo with Ghana 72% dark chocolate from Mazur, peanut toffee sauce, candied peanuts, Man Skirt lager reduction. It all went great with our favorite red blend and a cabernet sauvignon.

15 Likes

Second pizza . Pizza Saturday… Getting closer 69 % hydration . Satisfied yes . Baked in electric oven on broil . I have my eyes on a portable pizza oven . Cheers.

26 Likes