What's for Dinner #104 - the Almost Green Edition - March 2024

Never mind. I see narcotics are involved here.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yum, looks so good.

Improbably, because I wasn’t paying all that much attention and didn’t work very hard, this was one of my better soondubu jigaes. I usually shortcut making the pepper paste and just use gochuchang, but mine has dried out so much it’s practically jerky, so I had to actually (heavy sigh) combine gochugaru with fish sauce, which I had to (even heavier sigh) decant from its container, as said container had become clogged with crystallized clumps. Oh, the humanity. Anyway…

A little ugly, but trust me, it came out good. Shrimp, spinach, radish, carrot, onion and (obviously) tofu.

18 Likes
11 Likes

Tonight’s dinner was spring rolls to start, coconut poached basa fillet with bok choy and baby corn, cheesecake for dessert.

No picture of the spring rolls. I guess I must have been hungry.

23 Likes

I made that shrimp scampi dish @Aubergine shared again.

Sauce broke, but it was still very good. Going on the list of regulars.

23 Likes

Pizza Saturday. 3rd attempt. Was it good .Yes . Was it was I attempting. Sort of . Pizza Napoletana . Out of the electric oven
Looking to buy the outdoor portable pizza oven when it warms up outside. Cheers.

27 Likes

Chicken medallions over black lentils

20 Likes

Shrimp salad, Louie dressing. Tequila Sunrise with Bada Bing cherry juice.

26 Likes

Yeah, my former PCP was hesitant to give it to me back then. I looked straight at him and said “Look at my records. The last time you gave this to me was 2002…Seven. Years. Ago.” He gave it to me knowing I wasn’t abusing it. I’m not even sure they prescribe it anymore.

BUT, I made it through the night without coughing with a nightly dose of CVS brand Robitussin, a Mucinex, and a cough drop tucked into my cheek. :+1:

12 Likes

Voting for Dish and Cuisine of the Quarter are open!

3 Likes

That’s a promising start to your Easter morning. Fingers crossed that it’s a trend. :raised_hands:

4 Likes

Omg😬that’s a first for me.

2 Likes

Vegetarian caviar!

1 Like

Well, except for the chicken stock. I’m going to try cooking them with just water and seasonings next time. That’s always worked for me using green lentils.

I also sprinkled it with ras el hanout, and discovered that I don’t really like that blend.

1 Like

And for me! I guess anything will eventually grow some bacterial critters, given a long enough period of time.

Except Twinkies or a McDonald’s cheeseburger. Those things will be around with the cockroaches when we’re all gone. :wink:

4 Likes

And I just made the same soup for lunch :rofl:

1 Like

Yum. Yours looks delicious! I bet it will be even better the next day.

2 Likes

Easter Feast - And this will be WFD several other days this week, too.
Special china was inherited from my paternal grandmother. Golden glass serving dish inherited from my maternal grandmother.

Ham with Joy of Cooking’s Spirit Glaze, asparagus with lemony one-egg hollandaise, ripe olives, devilled egg, packaged mashed sweet potatoes (Kevin’s brand), cold pea salad, whole wheat dinner buns.
Lamb cake with strawberries & whipped cream. Cake was baked and frosted yesterday and as noted on WAYB, I unintentionally used only 1/3 of the lemon zest and juice listed for the cake. Happy to say it “aged” nicely and was tender and flavorful today.

Most of the 4.5 pound ham leftovers are now frozen. Some in 2 slice packets with some of the glaze, some thin sliced for future hot ham & Swiss sandwich buns, some w/o extra glaze was cubed before freezing. A few slices are in the fridge for easy meals this week.

24 Likes

Fabulous!

3 Likes