What's for Dinner #103 - the Extra 24 Hours Month Edition - February 2024

6 Likes

Cheeseburger on toasted Martin’s potato roll. Mayo and mustard . Franks & doctored pork and beans. A few Fritos.

18 Likes

Carnitas redux.

20 Likes

I thought I was making Pierogi, kielbasa, cabbage soup using potato pierogis instead of cheese, no potatoes or caraway added. Imagine my surprise when I discovered the potato pierogis were chicken pot stickers. :hushed: It was hot, tasted good and hit the spot so AWTEW. Cuke, red onion, oo&v and dill salad.

20 Likes

Pulled chicken tacos with the works and cilantro-lime slaw.

Our one steady repeat meal.

19 Likes

That, or hanging out with celebs, financed by the show.

4 Likes

Hope you feel better!

1 Like

Sorry about your pain. I think your PIC’s pain management approach is a sound one.

2 Likes

Good thing the pain gets worse over the course of the day. Wouldn’t want to start the day with a martini - delicious as they may be :joy:

5 Likes

I imagine nobody would tune in if he were hosting some randos from the street. Most folks don’t care about seeing people they don’t know as guests on a cooking show.

2 Likes

Weeknight use-it-up dinner. Don’t you love it when a remixed dish turns out as though you planned it that way?

Rigatoni with the last of a hot chicken sausage and pepper tomato sauce, minus any sausages because we’d eaten them on a prior day. I amended the sauce with a bunch of button mushrooms sautéed with rosemary. Splash of white wine to deglaze the pan, from a bottle with but a scant splash remaining.

20 Likes

But that’s why almost every chef gets involved in television - to hawk whatever they’re selling OR to bring on celebrities, because that’s what brings eyeballs to their shows.

Rachael Ray, Guy Fieri, Paula Deen, Mario Batali, Ming Tsai, Marcus Samuelsson, Curtis Stone, Rick Bayless, Emeril Lagasse, Sara Moulton, Bobby Flay, Martha Stewart, Gordon Ramsay, Tyler Florence…I could go on.

Quite frankly, I’d ONLY watch Martha Stewart if Snoop Dogg was on her show. Because…Snoop and Martha are hysterical together!

8 Likes

The most surprising coupling in recent memory :joy:

5 Likes

I’d seriously pay to see Martha and Snoop get high together. :rofl:

7 Likes

I used to do the same thing! I would often slice them and serve on a Thai inspired Salad with Cucumber, Herbs, Lettuce and a Hot-and-Sour Dressing topped with Crushed Peanut and Fried Shallots.
Did you have Mukrut Lime Leaves? I do not see the tell-tale Slivers.

1 Like

That crispy chicken thigh looks GOOOOD!! Kind of like this famous and popular, iconic Hong Kong Cafe style version I had last month…

transported all the way from Hong Kong to Toronto!! Gorgeously crunchy/crispy, moist and still oozing with juice inside!

8 Likes

That looks fabulous. Chicken’s such an underrated meat among food lovers. MOAR for us :wink:

ETA: all it takes 45 min at 375. Skin side down for the first 20, 25 min skin up, finish under the broiler (set on low) for extra crispy skin.

This is the salt bomb seasoning we use. It’s really good on chicken skin. I suspect the cornstarch has something to do with that.

5 Likes

I do. They’re in there; I promise!

1 Like

Thx for sharing the recipe! Tod mun pla is one of my favorite Thai apps :slight_smile:

1 Like

They are such an important flavor in Tod Mun Pla/Goong, happy to hear it (and a bit Jealous).

2 Likes