What's for Dinner #101 - the Holidaypalooza Edition! - December 2023

Feeling any better?

:rofl:

2 Likes

Now how could that be bad?

1 Like

Mergh. Not really. Got the cough suppressant pearls. Thanks for asking.

3 Likes

Made a batch of pork, potato and green bean stew. Turned out really well, should get a couple of meals outta this.

26 Likes

Those are helpful, Tessalon perles got me through the H1N1. Wishing you a full recovery, soon!

1 Like

Spiced sole with braised endive, served with roasted maitake and orzo, adapted from the Le Bernardin Cookbook. I turned this into mostly a sheet pan meal, although I roasted the endive separately from the fish and mushroom. I made the sauce by combining the liquids they gave off while cooking at the end. The flavors here are quite lovely!

22 Likes

Wow! Where do you get flounder roe?

Simple tonight: a BISO chicken breast with a blend of olive oil, lemon juice, s/p, and a savory herb blend consisting of parsley, basil, chives, garlic, onion flakes, and other “herbs and spices” they don’t list. Roasted until done.

Served on leftover rice pilaf with steamed green beans alongside.

Wine.

23 Likes

My first time in Bangkok was eye-opening—tough at times but ultimately so wonderful.

3 Likes

The 80’s were calling. (And Whole Foods had a sale on tuna steaks.)

IMG_5260

That wasn’t WFD, though. Cooked it tonight because its very presence in the fridge was stressing me out. :laughing: We had a fridge full of leftovers due to school events/birthdays.

Spring Onion, newly 9, had leftover steak and rice. Leftover fries which he doesn’t like (he generally doesn’t like French fries). And never-ending birthday cake. B had leftover salmon over raw collard salad, I had leftover cod with rice. Random photos.

IMG_5252

IMG_5258

ETA:

IMG_5481

29 Likes

Lucky kiddo!

2 Likes

Your plating is always so beautiful!

3 Likes

Thank you! I am having fun learning with the food photography, even if it is just on my phone camera :grinning:

3 Likes

I could eat this every day and be happy. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Roasted chicken is one of life’s simple pleasures.

9 Likes

You and me, sister. Bring on any unkillable succulents and cacti too.

1 Like

Wagyu boneless ribeye on the grill. Refried leftover Irish champ. Creamed spinach.

A VSOP for the cook; a Beck‘s for DH.

We‘re both stuffed and feelin’ the holidays.

25 Likes

Quite lovely. Real nice

1 Like

American Pride Seafood at Union Square Greenmarket.

2 Likes