What's for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

That looks fantastic. I need it in my life.

1 Like

My favorite side from Popeyes!

4 Likes

it IS - it’s from the Woks of Life.

and yes, i do it with spinach too. just no pork.

4 Likes

How is your recovery, friend?

2 Likes

An easy day…got my hair cut and did a bit of last minute ingredient shopping for my own T’giving dinner on Saturday before it got REALLY crazy.

Dinner was easy-peasy: Mac & Ham & Cheese. That’s it, no salad.

There was wine.

24 Likes

@MunchkinRedux that wagyu steak will haunt me :drooling_face:

1 Like

I am fighting off illness and made a simple chicken noodle soup with homemade stock and a basic green salad.

26 Likes

I believe there was a debate whether it was fine ground or fresh ground black pepper. For me it is fresh ground, I have no use for fine ground.

5 Likes

BF made us Fusilli Carbonara, at my request. And another great salad for me.

23 Likes

What’s inside?

That’s a good looking salad! hope you feel better…

2 Likes

Thank you. Ugh.
Exactly how an adult gets pinkeye in both eyes, I don’t even want to contemplate. Plus a gross cold with horrible throat tickle and soreness.

9 Likes

Chicken-zucchini meatballs with orzo and veggies in broth.

There was pumpkin tart for dessert.

25 Likes

What a gorgeous meal!

2 Likes

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

Thanksgiving prep began tonight. 48 hour wet brine underway for our turkey, using a recipe from Martha Stewart. Onions, carrots, celery, leeks, peppercorns, parsley, bay leaves, thyme, salt, and sugar. We usually do a small bird with my mom’s slow-cooker recipe, but we went for a larger one this year and therefore BF wanted to take charge. We were torn between a Puerto Rican style and this, and I didn’t care either way, but he decided on traditional American. And I quote, “This is a challenge. The first time I’m making white-people-turkey”. :laughing:

Dinner was panini with grilled chicken, mozz, and roasted red peppers on rosemary ciabatta.

Martini.

More prep tomorrow on Thanksgiving Eve. There will be booze. There will be Chinese.

28 Likes

The struggle is real!

10 Likes

Hope you’ re feeling better soon and that the chickienoodle soup fortifies you!

2 Likes

That salad looks like a lot of fun crunch in the mouth.

1 Like

I had the Puerto Rican version in the past (not on Thanksgiving) and it was delicious. I was kinda leaning that way, but at the end of the day, I only eat a tiny amount of turkey because of all the sides and on a sandwich as leftovers it does not really matter. He went with “traditional” so fine by me.

Also note: him “taking charge” still meant some Sous Chef duties for ME. But chopping veggies while sipping a martini while Anthony Bourdain plays in the background was far from hell.

16 Likes