What's for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

A busy day today called for a quick and easy dinner.

Homemade pork-and-scallion potstickers from the freezer. Storebought char siu. Shredded cabbage in an Asian-inspired vinaigrette. Long grain rice.

21 Likes

self-care always! no apologies necessary.

1 Like

i love this whole dinner.

that beautiful gravlax! i need to make some again…

2 Likes

:heart:ty

Japanese clay pot mixed rice with salmon and mushrooms (shiitake and king oyster). My tiny pressure cooker played the part of the clay pot this evening.

I’ve been craving this for a while, and have had all the ingredients at hand so I don’t know why it took me so long to get to it. Used up a bunch of sautéed mushrooms I had frozen a while back.

Such a flavorful dish for so few ingredients.

23 Likes

A 1.64 pound rib eye . From my favorite meat market. I had to cut and vacuum seal for two other meals. Rice with blanched Brussel sprouts sautéed in butter. Cheers .

25 Likes

Me: Hey, there was a slab of stuffing strata in the fridge left over from the other day. Have you seen it? I was gonna have it for dinner.

H: (crickets)

Dinner tonight was sage and brown butter gnocchi.

dinner

28 Likes

Bravo! Thanks again for the venison rec.

1 Like

Tuscan Bean and Shrimps with cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, shrimp broth, anchovies, onion, garlic, red pepper flakes, lemon juice and zest, basil

21 Likes

I had a dentist visit to install a permanent crown on a major back molar. The glue he used tasted very unpleasant for most of the evening and my tooth hurts. I microwaved some Mac and cheese from a local family-owned deli. I had Covid a few months ago and my tastebuds are still impaired, so I basically eat to fill my belly. It’s kind of a depressing state of affairs…

16 Likes

Beans and greens dinner, kind of, with bruschetta on the side for crunch. I amped up canned butter beans in a sauce of sautéed onion, slivers of sweet yellow pepper, thyme, tomato paste, and hot pepper paste. Quicker than starting with dried beans, though the texture wasn’t as satisfying.

16 Likes

Yes!!! :+1:t2::smile: absolutely agree! Similar to your cat sitter, my friend offered to help me out with my gang in exchange for Thai food and pineapple juice. :sunglasses::paw_prints::paw_prints:

2 Likes

Blargh. Dental work definitely falls in the necessary but not fun category, that’s for sure. Glad that you are taking good care of yourself.

1 Like

Thank you. We both have been going to the same dentist for over 20 years, and I told him today that he cannot retire! He’s excellent and we trust him. I can’t imagine finding someone else.

3 Likes

It really was. That’s how we feel here too (cold, grey and frosty) so we’re doing lots of comfort foods.

Gorgeous, all of it.

Lovely. Added that recipe to my box. Maybe I can hit 500 saved recipes soon :joy:

The chicken queen strikes again bok bok bok bogaaaaaaaap. :heart_eyes_cat:

2 Likes

I love it. She’s not expensive by any means, but she already asked if we could do the same deal next time she’s sitting for us :slight_smile:

1 Like