What's for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

Simple and colorful dinner.

There was a martini.

27 Likes

szekely cabbage - pork shoulder, onions, sauerkraut, lard, paprika, tomato, caraway and sour cream - delicious and easy. With some brown rice and more sour cream. Sort of the central european equivalent of the kimchi stew with pork belly we made the week before.

23 Likes

@gcaggiano thanks, glad you are enjoying it.

@honkman for most Italians you are correct. However, for the masses the bitterness is a bit of a turn off, so this is a method to make it more enjoyable to a larger portion of the population.

that looks fantastic!

1 Like

Bulgogi tacos

17 Likes

WFD folks, in case you didn’t see the other thread @hungryonion created, if you do your Amazon black friday or other holiday shopping via the HO affiliate link, you can help defray costs for the site.

https://www.amazon.com/?tag=amazon0d7e45-20

6 Likes

I made lasagne today, everything is homemade except for the pasta. It’s such a comfort food for us so it was a treat to have, especially since I don’t make it very often. Luckily we have plenty of leftovers for tomorrow too.

25 Likes

Thank you!

Hot Italian sausage on baguette/ BBQ onions/side salad for dinner.

20 Likes

Sad, but these are hard to beat for me. Childhood taste memory.

2 Likes

With your tweaks that sounds a LOT like yo po mian. I add marinated ground pork to the stir-fry and double the sauce (to which I add the garlic so it’s better distributed and a pinch of sugar.) Also good with spinach.

1 Like

ForGot black pepper?

That looks fantastic. I need it in my life.

1 Like

My favorite side from Popeyes!

4 Likes

it IS - it’s from the Woks of Life.

and yes, i do it with spinach too. just no pork.

4 Likes

How is your recovery, friend?

2 Likes

An easy day…got my hair cut and did a bit of last minute ingredient shopping for my own T’giving dinner on Saturday before it got REALLY crazy.

Dinner was easy-peasy: Mac & Ham & Cheese. That’s it, no salad.

There was wine.

24 Likes

@MunchkinRedux that wagyu steak will haunt me :drooling_face:

1 Like

I am fighting off illness and made a simple chicken noodle soup with homemade stock and a basic green salad.

26 Likes

I believe there was a debate whether it was fine ground or fresh ground black pepper. For me it is fresh ground, I have no use for fine ground.

5 Likes