What's for Dinner #100 - The WFD Big 100th Edition - November 2023

How did you like the crab cakes? Are those MD style or the other kind?

I’ll get back to you on the other thread one of these days.

3 Likes

“Strange flavor” chicken using a leftover roast chicken breast, with broccolini and rice.

25 Likes

14 Likes

Happy 100th month! To celebrate, I made three courses, instead of my usual one or at the most two.

1. Clams!

clams

1. Spinach salad with roasted maitakes and boiled egg.

salad

1. Swordfish with sweet and hot peppers (the hot pepper is balcony-grown, and I was glad to make use of it before everything freezes out there).

fish

28 Likes

Salad, mac & cheese, roasted cauliflower, and “mystery beef” which I think was wagyu flap (especially judging from how I felt after gobbling up a bunch).

Gratuitous shot of sky on fire (I have missed these sunsets).

27 Likes

Great intro, Linda! I’m so glad to be a part of this community.

9 Likes

I’d like all of that, please!

2 Likes

Beautiful meal and setting. Yum.

UGH - hope both go away for you SOON!

1 Like

That caramelization! :heart:

3 Likes

@Saregama The steak, mac & cheese, and the sunset all look heavenly! That sunset is absolutely stunning!

2 Likes

Happy #100 to WFD. Cheers to you, @LindaWhit, for consistently encouraging participation at this virtual table where all are welcome!

12 Likes

Gambas al Ajillo starting with Kenji’s recipe https://www.seriouseats.com/spanish-style-garlic-shrimp-gambas-al-ajillo-recipe. After making the seasoned oil and draining it off I added cherry tomatoes and then spinach to the pan briefly, once the cherry tomatoes had popped and the spinach was slightly wilted I removed it from the pan and continued with the recipe. Plated the shrimp and its oil :blush: over the vegetables. Delicious! :yum:

26 Likes

That looks really good.

1 Like

I just finished lunch about a half hour ago and my stomach rumbled when I saw your picture. Dayam.

3 Likes

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

was this the NYT Melissa Clark recipe? We really liked it

1 Like

Yes! I thought it was great. Should have made more.

1 Like

Beef and carrots from Sunday. Added peas, leftover roasted taters and served over egg noodles.
Perfect early November dinner.

23 Likes