What's for dessert? Share your random sweet treats here :-)

I look forward to a taste of them later.

1 Like

A lil bowl o’ sunshine: Sicilian pistachio gelato & crunchy vegan peanut sorbet with figs and strawberries.

3 Likes

Mid-afternoon snack: more of those figs :drooling_face:

2 Likes

They. Look. So. Luscious! :::Adding fresh figs to my shopping list:::

1 Like

I am so sorry this is going on so long. You are an angel!

Awww, that’s very kind of you :heart: It really hasn’t been that long. His first symptoms started Wednesday night, so we’re just now hitting the one-week mark — which seems reasonable for the damn crud. I lucked out in just being a lil snottier than usual :wink:

Plus I ain’t gonna lie — I do loves me a nice lil afternoon treat with my coffee, too!

This was our dessert yesterday, from the same small Greek bakery in our hood where I discovered my Madeleine: ekmek kadaifi.

An almond tart that was lovely, not too sweet, but didn’t quite have a distinct almondy flavor — more like a lovely vanilla tart with chopped almonds in it. No complaints :blush:

3 Likes

We were near the Turkish nabe today, so swung by a fabulous Syrian bakery and picked up a few coffee treats.

4 Likes

Oh my…I gotta pull out the filo.

1 Like

Picked up baklava at my PIC’s favorite place bc we happened to be nearby. They usually have a much larger selection (like chocolate or coconut baklava), but he found stuff he liked anyway :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A wonderfully light, not too sweet ricotta tart with sour cherry & pistachio :yum:

6 Likes

Bolos de Arroz, Portuguese rice muffins. A light, sponge cake frequently a breakfast type cake. We had these split with strawberries and sour cream.
@Phoenikia had posted a link in the Rice Pudding topic which reminded me to make them. I made just two rather than six, they are best eaten the day they are baked.

7 Likes

Beautiful! I have only had bakery -made!

Made them in the processor, quick! Baked in under 18 minutes. Half was plenty for dessert with the strawberries and sour cream…

1 Like

One half of a really good pistachio croissant from a bakery stand at the local market today. Perfect with my afternoon coffee :blush:

49BC8B83-F46C-46C2-AA29-6DF76CAB5404_1_105_c

4 Likes

I didn’t take a picture of mine, but this scratched an itch for a chocolate chip cookie on a rainy afternoon:
https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/chocolate-chip-cookie-in-mug

I added pecans and probably doubled the chocolate chips. We are them from the mugs rather than trying to invert onto plates.

5 Likes

I want to do more than fork-and-knife this, so :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

At first I thought ‘wait, is there just pistachio on the outside???’ but then came across some lovely pistachio filling towards the end.

A fine discovery :slight_smile:

1 Like

Coconut cheesecake from the cute Greek bakery. Lighter than American cheesecake, not as sucky as German cheesecake. Did not finish :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Guess everyone’s still on a diet here :smiley:

Two “Kinderkugeln” from our favorite ice cream purveyor: bergamot-blood orange with white chocolate, and raspberry-rhubarb with mascarpone & cookie.

B64B6684-53EB-480B-A128-E1A2666CC5A1_4_5005_c

DaYUM.

2 Likes

I don’t even like white chocolate, but I want that.

1 Like