What's for dessert? Share your random sweet treats here :-)

I don’t often ‘do’ dessert, but occasionally indulge in a treat with my afternoon coffee, or a sweet morsel of something late at night.

Never sure where to post those lovely creations (usually not my own), so I set up a nice big table for all of them right here :slight_smile:

PS: I’m sure being in Berlin & Palermo inspired me to start this thread, bc how could I not post about the incredible gelato we’ve had here?

Yesterday’s gelato: pistacchio e crema & crispy amarena

Late night gelato on our first eve:

pistacchio

Pistacchio panna cotta at an Italian restaurant in Berlin :heart_eyes:

Ferrero tarte from the Greek bakery in Berlin we love:

FCBEA30D-A937-4755-AC9C-41DB2312DDF2_4_5005_c

8 Likes

Another day, another gelato. Someone’s gotta do the hard work :wink:

“Raw” pistachio and dark chocolate. Heaven.

4 Likes

Oh, real pistachio gelato… siiiigh

I’m down in L.A. I might have to save room and hit up Bulgarini on the way out of town.

1 Like

Sunshine and I went to a Memorial Day BBQ on Monday. As usual, I was in charge of desserts.
Funny story, I made this same cake last year, but forgot how many stripes I put on it. So I looked through my backup pics that I had posted on Hungry Onion and found it. It was easy to duplicate using the picture as a guide.
Any who, everyone enjoyed the cake.

8 Likes

Aww. Looks like y’all are on a diet. #suckahs :laughing:

Here’s a pistachio ice cream cake we brought to our friends’ place last night:

3 Likes

Here’s a massive, freshly filled cannolo - actually, it’s HALF of one. If cannoli tasted anything like this back home we might get them more often.

“Might.” :joy:

7 Likes

A browned butter oatmeal cookie, almond cake, and a salted caramel chocolate cupcake from Ginger Elizabeth in Sacramento. Birthday treats!

Cherry and peach pie

For the day after!

6 Likes

If Happy Birthday wishes are in order, then here they are. Happy, happy to you!

4 Likes

Superb strawberries and a simple white cake…don’t need much more than that!

11 Likes

How DO you keep your skender self?

I don’t :wink:

1 Like

This was the “Saint Lucia” parfait, made with chocolate and vanilla soft serve, banana, mango, and digestives. From a Hotel Chocolat store in Toyama, Japan.

3 Likes

Local strawberries! Best season of all (ok, maybe tied with local corn season).
Like eating candy.

9 Likes

They’re red ALL THE WAY!

2 Likes

Freeze fresh mango pulp along with a bit of lemon and honey. Once solid twirl in FP for 3 second sorbet.

Same with coconut cream

Same with fresh pineapple, papaya…

Place a nice slab of ice cream btwn to choc chip cookies

Icebox cake

Frozen grapes

1 Like

This thread reminded me about my favorite gelato place in SoCal just before my trip, so thank you for reminding me that this place existed and taking to opportunity to revisit it.

Almond and pistachio. So. Damned. Good.

Full meal here:

4 Likes

Happy to oblige. I’d looked around to see if there was an existing thread to “park” our desserts or sweet treats, and only found an old one with 4 entries.

My poor dood is feeling even worse today (thx, covid), so I picked up a nice treat for him for our afternoon coffee :heart:

My half of a lovely pistachio croissant :yum:

4 Likes

Sweet as all get out local strawberries from the farmers market.

Whipped cream would put it over the top, but no cream or whipping utensils available. We’ll make do :wink:

4 Likes

Perfect strawberries, what a treat!

3 Likes