What's for breakfast (aka what's going to happen exciting today)?

That’s very high praise! Thank you :blush:

Do not judge me.

It’s the weekend

10 Likes

Just frozen, similar ingredients as cheese toast… Great breakfast!

1 Like

A spinach, zucchini, fennel and feta frittata, inspired by Yotam Ottolenghi in The Guardian. Most notable is the hunk of cheese baked into the middle of the pie. I thought the olive oil and cumin topping was a nice touch (I sprinkled with a little extra salt). Served with a squeeze of lemon and homemade chili crisp.

Brownie points to me for using up lots of leftover veggies this morning.

16 Likes

My Sunday morning brunches are always “what I didnt eat from last week’s farmers market” omelets or frittatas : )

2 Likes

I was only there a week, and I had the curry a few times.

Top left on the photo with the floral plate. [Hakuba, Japan] lunch and dinner - #2 by Phoenikia

I’ve also seen lamb stew at Persian brunch.

3 Likes

14 Likes

Salmon roe? I wish my breakfasts looked that nice :wink: I am generally not alert enough in the morning to make anything too extravagant.

2 Likes

Trout. This took all of throwing a slice of whole wheat sammich bread into the toaster, spreading some cream cheese on it, plopping the roe on top, and squeezing a lil lemon juice all over.

I could probably do that in my sleep :wink:

1 Like

Another treat breakfast of French toast, topped with cream cheese, plums, blueberries and dusted with sugar.

9 Likes

Home-smoked steelhead on Wasa crackers, with goat cheese and a creamy basil-chive spread. Pickled cherries. Carrot slaw.

13 Likes

Google gave me nothing. I have lots of basil and garlic chives, would you share the recipe?

Do you have a cheap source for that? In my local Russian store, they sell salmon roe in small jars i.e. the entire amount you used for your toast, and those cost about 10 or 12 dollars each.

It’s cheaper than what I’ve found in the US. Trout roe is surprisingly affordable (although certainly still a treat I only indulge while in Germany). 1.76oz or 50g are 5.29€. It lasts me through about 3 toasts. Worth it :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well done, but you missed a spot.

5 Likes

A few. Nobody’s perfect.

@BeefeaterRocks

I use a New York Times recipe as a jumping off point - it’s very riffable. I’m posting it as a gift link, so you should not encounter a paywall:

6 Likes

Looks great, thank you.

1 Like

S’ okay. Looks good to me! Day before yesterday, I prepared myself a mighty breakfast sandwich: a gyro, with all the accoutrements. I chomped it down before I could remember to take a photo.

Now, I’m thinking, my fridge needs a jar of pickled herring.

3 Likes