What's for breakfast? (2024)

A quick stir-fry of bits n bobs that needed to be used up: rice, 2 eggs, 3 lonely radishes, a desolate 1/2 onion, and the extremely rich chūtoro and king salmon sashimi from last night blitz-seared on the side. Tasty and enough for two, but I’d have liked some veg in there - even scallions would’ve done the trick.

11 Likes

Today’s leftover-leftover mac-and-cheese frittata involved some of the holiday ham and chives. A sourdough-spiked French bread for toast. Homemade blueberry jam.

12 Likes

Today - fried mushrooms with toasted muffin. Ketchup, of course.

Tomorrow - the “Full Dutch” - ham, Leerdammer, bread.

7 Likes

Chef Kevin Yau’s K Dumps’ Char Siu dumplings, bought at Sanagan’s Meat Locker in TO. Boiled from frozen. Very good . Hakka-ish Chile crisp, tamari, vinegar and sugar

Chased by a slice of poppy seed loaf and a chunk of jalapeno cheese. I’m back to writing down everything I eat.

8 Likes

Spam and egg tart from Ba Noi Bakery in Toronto

7 Likes

9 Likes

The last of the leftover fried rice. Eggs to order.

13 Likes

Thai curry cheese sauce to use up things and get ready for tonight’s game:

Bechamel: 4 tablespoons butter and flour. Half a gallon of whole milk, and two containers or Maesri red curry paste.

Added small amounts of cinnamon and brown sugar, and eight ounces sharp cheddar at the end.

Made this over my morning coffee; had some with tortilla chips for breakfast. Happy with the results. Made about 2 quarts.

Go Blue :blue_heart::yellow_heart:

3 Likes

Scrambled eggs with some Bulgarian cheese spouse brought home. Last of the pinto beans mixed with habanero salsa. Jalapeños and peppercini for crunchy green

7 Likes

The last of the homemade summer-fruit vareniki from the freezer – blueberry and cherry. DH’s home-smoked kurobuta pork belly.

12 Likes

From your kamado? >swoon<

This he smoked in the Bradley smoker.

1 Like

Gotcha. Loved ours until mold ruined it. Hoping to achieve good results in the kamado (eventually).

1 Like

1/2 a bagel, toasted, with cream cheese, capers, and sprats. AKA sardine‘s better looking/tastier cousin

7 Likes

Totally underused and underrated.

An overnight strata with spinach, shallots and three cheeses – gruyere, parm, and Havarti.

11 Likes

So health! So flavor! So berry! So creamy! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

TGIF

11 Likes

Another fridge and freezer cleanout frittata: leftover jasmine rice, grated summer zucchini from the frozen, a scoop of shallot-laden bechamel, extra egg whites, and Havarti cheese. Some fresh pineapple to go with.

9 Likes

This looks so good - and I have so much leftover cheese including gruyere. Would you describe how you put it together and how you baked it? Thanks!