What's for breakfast? (2024)

So many meals in a day, so little time :slight_smile:

What’s on your breakfast plate / in your bowl / on your toast to tackle what life hurls at ya?

4 Likes

This morning - Toasted Cumberland sausage sandwich.

Tomorrow morning - a couple of thick American style blueberry pancakes. Supermarket purchase. Microwave for 30 seconds or so. Drizzle of maple or golden syrup.

3/1 - the other two pancakes in the pack.

8 Likes

Chicken and waffles. Whole-wheat, sourdough waffles with last night’s leftover fried chicken.

There was some fresh pineapple and mandarin oranges as chaser.

8 Likes

NFJ is going to have to wait until tomorow, me thinks. Had to soak up last night’s festive libations with trusty bacon & eggs. The last of the diBruno’s bacon with eggs from a fellow local musician whose hens have been laying overtime, seasoned with a little Tony Cacheres & fresh chopped dill … FOR YOUR HEALTH :rofl:

9 Likes

It’ll be here (on the breakfast table) all week. Tip your server. This potato/bacon/green pepper/ egg bake is written for slow cooker, but also showed timing for oven bake. I’m thinking there’s a typo on the servings (6) listed – maybe intended to say 16? I made a half recipe in an 8 x 8 pan in the oven, and it looks like we’ll get 10 servings from it. Next time I’ll add some herbs. It’s fine, just not exciting.

3 Likes

Cooked fermented oats with chia, hemp hearts, raisins, barberries, maple syrup, cinnamon, milk, a dash of salt and a pat of butter. Fresh pressed clementine and pomegranate juice. Black coffee.

3 Likes

TJs Rolled Oats with Ancient Grains and Seeds with various leftover roasted veggies and a big dollop of shredded bamboo shoots in chili oil

7 Likes

The last of the New Year’s fried chicken. Oversized buttermilk biscuits with butter and honey. Fresh pineapple.

10 Likes

That looks so good! Do you reheat/re-crisp in the air fryer?

Thank you!

I used our new countertop convection oven/air fryer. We’ve had it only a month, so I’m still in the early learning phase. It seems the perfect way to reheat fried chicken, however - far better than in the oven (next best) or microwave (terrible). A few minutes to preheat to Bake 400, and then insert chicken and bake about 6 minutes, turning once. The skin crisped up in most spots (still a tad soft in a few spots).

1 Like

Tiroler Gröstl

6 Likes

Leftover giant biscuits, pan-toasted with a smear of butter to refresh. More of the New Year’s ham. Egg and chive scramble. American “cheese”. Mandarin oranges to cleanse the palate.

9 Likes

Before…

and after

7 Likes

Is that yoghurt in with the fruits?

The UK’s main budget hotel chain, Premier Inn, always has “red fruits” on its breakfast buffet. Always a good “first course”, with yoghurt, before the full fry-up.

Yeah, Fage 2%. We used to get the 5% but TBH the 2% is rich enough. I also like it the Greek way - with honey and walnuts, although when you add blueberries, blackberries & pomegranates it doesn’t need any honey.

2 Likes

Sour cherry and poppyseed loaf

9 Likes

I mentioned to TorontoJo that you were enjoying her biscuit recipe. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh, thank you!!!

It’s a terrific biscuit. :yum:

2 Likes

Gotta get your greens in!

2 Likes

Mac-and-cheese frittata with bacon bits and chives. The last of the big biscuits, pan-toasted with butter and served with homemade raspberry jam.

11 Likes