What's for breakfast? (2024)

No photo today.

A scramble made with leftover spaghetti squash, rosemary roasted potato, and some cooked mushrooms picked out of Thursday’s braised beef short ribs.

Vegetables sautéed in butter, a little black pepper , marjoram and coriander, added 2 beaten eggs. An ounce of diced Jarlsberg added on top.

5 Likes

Any good?

Yep. I don’t post about my fails :rofl:

2 Likes

Chive scramble and the last of the mushroom-spinach lasagna.

6 Likes

Twinning! Well, somewhat :smiley:

Scrambled eggs with fresh parsley & Penzey’s Sunny Paris, sautéed king oyster shrooms with Aleppo pepper, and a few slices of Kunzler bacon.

8 Likes

Cheese strata! Write up over in the Savory Egg dishes thread.

9 Likes

That is a beautiful plate of things :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you! It was nice to eat something today that wasn’t provided by delivery from a restaurant!

2 Likes

1 Like

Five Grain Congee, Fried Chicken, Mala Thin Noodle, Milk Black Tea, fried Sweet Rice Roll and a Wiener.

Breakfast for two.

6 Likes

Cold grilled chicken thigh. I coat them heavily in Old Bay before grilling. Outstanding.

3 Likes

Indeed.

And what a wiener, it is.

1 Like

I had a Maruchan Roast Chicken Instant Noodles cup for breakfast today … yours had got me beat.

2 Likes

Apparently it’s quite good, if you can believe the interwebs.

3 Likes

I bounce between dry rolled oats with sliced fresh strawberries and fresh blue berries with some dried fruit like prunes or dates and walnuts with almond milk and and on occasion a scoop of protein powder.

Or bagel, lox and cream cheese with thin sliced cucumber and baby tomatoes off the vine.

Every once in a while I’ll make scrambled eggs with cheese or a small pita and cheese

Coffee a given

5 Likes

Fage 2%, pineapples with a bit of their juice, honey mango, blackberries, walnuts. Don’t mind if I do.

#prettyanddelicious

6 Likes

Got some blackberries at WinCo, an employee-owned western US supermarket chain last week that were $1.28 for 6 oz. They were incredibly good, so I went back for more this week. They had gone up to $2.48, but since that’s still quite reasonable, I got another package.

2 Likes

Geezer cereal with all the appropriate accoutrements.

8 Likes

These are from Sam’s Club, which is pretty much the opposite of where you got them :smile:

Great price, great quality.

2 Likes

Huevos rotos with fresh Spanish chorizo (NYT gift link here). I like adding a little garden kale for something green, and prefer orange wedges over lemons for serving.

9 Likes