What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Mrs. P made her famous boneless quail breast salad with fresh figs, grilled pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, grapes, arugula, sharp cheddar, sautéed red onions, in a teriyaki marinade :yum: It had a little bit of everything; sweet, salty, crunchy, savory.

5 Likes

Looks great! Those breasts look great and they appeared to be charred up nicely. Does she broil them?

1 Like

Thanks cj. They were ‘set off the smoke detector’ pan seared in olive oil with salt & pepper.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’ve eaten my share of crabs shells lol.

I’ve got some Korean style kebabs marinating now. Late night feast!

I haven’t had quail in a long time! Does Mrs P ever do any duck or pheasant?

No. We usually eat duck out in a restaurant.

Me too. I do like to smoke ducks though.

So here are my kebabs ready to go on the grill in a minute. I’m doing a gochujang marinade with this new chili soy sauce my friend got me. It’s made in Hong Kong. I think these will be hot, but not crazy. Unfortunately I am not at home so no charcoal tonight :confused:

5 Likes

What a beautiful looking salad! YUM! Last year I had tons of figs from my tree/bush but this year, not a single fruit.

1 Like

Thanks Gracie!

This has been a rough summer weather wise for growing anything. Too much heavy rain & wind.

​Mrs. P made blackened tuna steak with a Cajun spiced dry rub, with avocado, pickled ginger, and a soy/wasabi dipping sauce :yum: We had snow peas with toasted pine nuts on the side.

3 Likes

Eli, I’m coming over tomorrow lol. Just leave the door open buddy!

I cooked up some hickory wood burgers tonight with some extra sharp cheddar. They came out great! I didn’t take any pics unfortunately.

I’m heading out crabbing in a few. Wish me luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was gonna come over to your place for crabs :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Some lunch appetizers. Jerk wings with seasonest and some shrimp in lime, cilantro, evoo, salt, pepper, paprika, and brushed with butter. I’m cooking over apple wood too.

4 Likes

I’ve got about 10 in the trap. I think I might cook them up or go get some shop rite lobster later. Either way I’ll try to get some pics :slight_smile:

2 Likes

plus time =

The pot roast my grandmother wishes she could have made. Finish with a splash of good balsalmic and serve over broad noodles.

6 Likes

See! Raisins are good for something.

Actually, I love them in my beef and broccoli. :astonished:

1 Like

There’s something about the combo of raisins and olives in the sauce …

Mrs. P made blackened catfish with a Cajun spiced dry rub, and a refreshing corn salad with a ton of ingredients :yum:

3 Likes

I have to say Mrs p makes some of the most colorful dishes I’ve seen.

1 Like

Thanks cj. They say that you eat with your eyes :slightly_smiling_face: