What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

My potato pizza. Sliced them thin, tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and then roasted for 10 minutes on 450. A slight variation how I normally do a potato pie after seeing how @seal did his. Then layered them on the dough, covered with mozzarella, threw on some sliced onions, and a olive oil drizzle. 15 minutes on 450. Done.

7 Likes

Been awhile since I’ve posted here, we celebrated mother’s day at my home, our family and our friends family joined us. My menu:

Apps:
Charcuterie, chicken quesadilla, shrimp cocktail, individual onion soup, mozzarella roasted peppers, stuffed artichoke.

Entree:
(we were in Aruba for Thanksgiving so turkey and stuffing was a request) Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli rabe, grilled asparagus, filet mignon, linguine clam sauce.

Happy Mother’s Day to you and yours! Happy Mother’s Day to my mom in heaven, love ya mom!

13 Likes

WOW…A BEAUTIFUL SPREAD, AND WHAT BETTER OCCASION! on This Mother’s day!

1 Like

What a feast! Yum! Hope you had a great day with friends and family!!!

1 Like

A Happy Mother’s day to you Gracie!!

1 Like

Our friend in Staten Island cooked us another spectacular dinner with some phenomenal wines. Below is a link to the details and mouthwatering pictures in the main WFD thread.

3 Likes

I did 90 pounds of crawfish, 10 pounds head on shrimp yesterday. Also a pot of jambalaya and poor man’s burnt ends on the smoker.

4 Likes

The ugly remains of a wonderful italian beef sandwich flown directly from Chicago and a salad I made to contrast the spicy sandwich. Oh, and I also made this with kahlua , walnuts, and extra chocolate.

9 Likes

Lmao

:rofl:THIS :rofl:

:rofl:AND THIS :rofl:

HAVE TURNED DH
:rofl:INTO THIS :rofl:

I MAY NEVER HAVE TO COOK AGAIN … IT’S BEEN AN ALL OUT MEAT FEST SINCE HE DISCOVERED THE ABILITY TO COOK OVER AN OPEN WOOD FIRE WHILST SMOKING CIGARS, SURFING THE NET, WATCHING MOVIES AND TAKING PICTURES … I AM GRATFUL TO THE FIRE PIT GOD :pray:

8 Likes

Some of the crawfish

9 Likes

:astonished::astonished::astonished::astonished:

1 Like

@Ejebud Presented without comment. Oh, wait…:rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

Made paella tonight for the first time. Doubled up on the shrimp instead of the usual mussels. Also chicken, chorizo, prosciutto. From start of prep to sitting down to eat: 4 hours. Steps pictured below.

I put on Instagram that if anyone wants to come to my house with a container, I will gladly give you leftovers.

Paired excellently with this red blend.

10 Likes

I am in your driveway now with a 5 gallon bucket

6 Likes

I need to invest in a delivery drone :yum:

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Do you have a drone? I broke mine 2 days ago. Sigh!

I am going to get a new one. It was my first drone. I broke the damn connection to charge it and snapped one of the pins off. I’m researching what drone to get next.

No, thank God … but we get regular fly overs courtesy our next-door neighbor, freaks Mittens :scream_cat: out! I do like the food delivery, in this case pick up idea though
Not going to complain, same neighbor has- smoker and shares his brisket
EDIT: They break all the time, landing in the lakes, trees …

Mrs. P made a pan seared chimichurri shrimp salad. Below is a link to the details and picture in the main WFD thread.

3 Likes

The bugs are back @ $6.99 at Shop Rite so I stopped and picked a few (5) up on our way home from the beach. Couldn’t pass up a prime porterhouse to join it!! Life is good at the Jersey Shore!

10 Likes