What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Carbonara is the best thing in life.

2 Likes

MS. P made an excellent rabbit dish tonight. The details and pictures are on the main ‘what’s for dinner’ thread below.

1 Like

Baked pork chop schnitzel with a Ritz cracker coating, spaetzle, and asparagus. Washed down with some Stella Artois.

Pork chops were from Aldi. 12 in a pack. Small but that just means I could fit more in! Polished off 5 of them!

8 Likes

Falafel Flatbread with Cucumber Salad and Tahini Sauce

10 Likes

DH went food shopping this afternoon and came home with porterhouse steaks, corn and potatoes … the vegetables were already in the house. We can’t be the only ones who grilled outside today :thinking: BTW the corn was fantastic

IMG_6957

12 Likes

Mrs. P made a blackened chicken cutlet. The details and pictures are on the main what’s for dinner link below.

2 Likes

Mrs. P made an awesome quail salad. The mouthwatering pictures and details are in the main what’s for dinner link below.

Mrs. P made a burger for dinner. Below is a link to the details and pictures from the main WFD thread.

Annual last meal to be cooked in the kitchen until September. By request shallot and mushroom meatloaf with mushroom marsala pan gravy … kitchen officially closed for the summer.

First complete meal cooked outside. Cooking on the fire pit over wood is yielding great results. Strip loin, spinach and mushrooms, foil wrapped potatoes. DH is digging French drains, hence the rather relaxed position and filthy appearance.

The joys of home owning

10 Likes

I remember watching a food show on tv where they ate a potato pizza. Since then I’ve been meaning to make one and here it is:

I tried to layer fairly evenly sliced potato before adding the cheese and baking.

A drizzle of homemade truffle oil and eat.

7 Likes

What did you think, I love potato pizza
EDIT: it looks wonderful

1 Like

I’ve made potato pizza before. However, I cooked them in butter and olive oil after slicing them thin through a mandolin. How did yours come out when cooked raw? How long did you bake it?

I’ll be making pizzas tonight. One taco pie for Cinco de Mayo (which I hate and will not eat) and the second pie is still up in the air.

3 Likes

I’ve had a couple times with addition of bacon, always welcome addition

3 Likes

That’s part of the reason potato pizza is great, it works with almost anything

2 Likes

Haven’t shared to this thread in a while. Here’s Chicken Murphy from the other night. Cranked up the heat level. Added some leftover Sunday sauce from a few days prior to loosen it up. It was great. Was just missing some good bread to go with it.

6 Likes

And here’s another one from during the week. Justin has been cooking/baking his way through an Amish/Mennonite cookbook we picked up last month.

Baked “Dutch Style” apple dumplings in syrup (I only contributed the leaves). Served warm with ice cream.

10 Likes

I roasted the potatoes in the oven first then cooled and sliced them by hand. I coated the pizza with butter cooked with shallots and garlic, then covered it with the potato slices before baking at 450 for 15 mins.

I liked it, but next time I may do the potatoes in a cream sauce and use that for the base.

4 Likes

First out, taco pizza, which will be enjoyed by others.

3 Likes

My potato pizza. Sliced them thin, tossed with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and then roasted for 10 minutes on 450. A slight variation how I normally do a potato pie after seeing how @seal did his. Then layered them on the dough, covered with mozzarella, threw on some sliced onions, and a olive oil drizzle. 15 minutes on 450. Done.

7 Likes

Been awhile since I’ve posted here, we celebrated mother’s day at my home, our family and our friends family joined us. My menu:

Apps:
Charcuterie, chicken quesadilla, shrimp cocktail, individual onion soup, mozzarella roasted peppers, stuffed artichoke.

Entree:
(we were in Aruba for Thanksgiving so turkey and stuffing was a request) Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, broccoli rabe, grilled asparagus, filet mignon, linguine clam sauce.

Happy Mother’s Day to you and yours! Happy Mother’s Day to my mom in heaven, love ya mom!

13 Likes