What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Have a nice place under trees to hold off the rain. Weber still going strong.
NZ Grass Fed Cowboys and Tri-Tip, Iberico Abanico, Gulf Shrimp Cocktail, Collards, Piquillo Peppers stuffed with Walnut, Goat Cheese and Honey, Rocoto and Jalapeno-Garlic Salsa.

10 Likes

Cheddar omelet and Berkshire Ham late night snack.

8 Likes

On vacation in Florida. What rain? :grin:

3 Likes

Nobody likes a showoff!!!

@KAOSKitchen that looks awesome!!

2 Likes

Egg yolk omelet?

2 Likes

This past Monday, Oct. 24th, I cooked a dinner at home to celebrate my 80th birthday. My blogpost with details along with photos is here:

[https://thewizardofroz.wordpress.com/2022/10/29/at-home-2022-my-80th-birthday-dinner/]

11 Likes

Happy Birthday - your dinner looks lovely! Beautiful flowers, and also your portrait! May you continue to celebrate many more. :birthday::balloon:

1 Like

@Lambchop Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and kind sentiments!

2 Likes

@RGR Happiest of birthdays!! Wonderful looking dinner and painting!

Thank you, @jsfein, for your birthday wishes! As I said in my post, while the dinner was wonderful, it was the painting and the flowers that made this birthday so special.

Hope all is well with you and your family.

1 Like

Happy 80th @RGR :partying_face:

1 Like

@seal Thanks, David!

I was wondering about a related issue, posts about restaurant meals that I had noticed in the Whats for Dinner thread. Someone looking for good restaurants in NJ wont be able to find those posts, they do not get indexed to the state. Cooking discussion in the cooking forum? Either way its great for the community that wants to talk about food.

Maybe a “where am I dining these days” thread or something for New Jersey?

Jen,
The topic has come up a few times. The bottom line is a lot of the members “here” prefer to play in their local sandbox vs. the broader What’s For Dinner thread. Truthfully, I can understand their perspectives, so we’ve kept this thread alive.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes

Shrimp Ceviche, grilled Iberico Abanico and irish Nature Beef Sirloin Flap. Served with grilled Scallions/Jalapeno and Tomato Onion salad over Bibb lettuce. Iberico has so much flavor. Seek it out.
Baked Penne.
And…bacon just because.

9 Likes

Breakfast for Dinner anyone?

10 Likes