What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Picture if you will a better seared loin, sliced and laid over and around a bed of spinach, pan sauce with shallot and demi. Much darker sauce. Mashed on side.
A dish from The Recovery Room in Morristown back in the day. First try but was a work day and have to be up at 530 tomorrow, shortcuts were taken.

2 Likes

Stone crab claws, Thai curry grouper and moonrise in the Bahamas, The Dunmore Club gets it done.

13 Likes

Wow! That moon is beautiful :pray:t2:

2 Likes

BF with benefits. Parihuela with Dungeness and Ceviche with Red Snapper made by my GF. Good eating day.

11 Likes

The turf to my last post. Marinated Skirt Chimichurri. Horseradish and Aji Amarillo mayos. Boiled, then fried fries (will never do another way).

12 Likes
3 Likes

Couple of sacks today

Happy Mardi Gras

13 Likes

@seal Seal, you lose weight brother? Looking fine!

How bout some chicken feet and cow foot jello for dinner.

@Roro1831 That looks amazing!! Where do you get your crawfish?

6 Likes

We are currently in New Orleans and this was my friends boil, I just helped so not sure where he got them. Decent size for this time of the season
When I boil in NJ in May I use Louisiana Crawfish Company and they will either ship direct to the house or use Southwest Airlines fright and I pick them up in Newark

4 Likes

If you are going to the airport to pick up crawfish, you are one serious mudbug fan!!! Respect!

1 Like

Yeah I did that for a few years and then they changed the arrival time without telling me.

Direct to my door this year will be the case

1 Like

Picked up a couple of Webers over the winter. Good weather = Gochujang marinade.

14 Likes
3 Likes

I made cajun blackened sausage, beans, n rice.

To be fair, I really just burned the sausage a little while rendering out some of the fat. But that’s the thing about cajun food, you can always just call it “blackened.” Whatever you call it, to paraphrase Alton Brown, that’s good eats.

11 Likes
2 Likes

care to share the gojuchang marinade? Always looking for something different to do with chicken.

Fringe benefits brought me a whole NZ Grass-fed Striploin. Paired it with Iberico St. Louis Ribs, Garlic Shrimp, Black Beans, and Potato Puree.

13 Likes

I have found that these ingredients work best for me. Leave one out and it is not as good. Measurements estimated for ease, adjust as you prefer.

2 large spoons Gochujang spicy or mild
1 tbsp honey or agave
2 tbsp soy sauce but not too much
1 tsp hoisin
1 tbsp sesame oil
Little bit more vegetable oil
2-3 cloves crushed fresh garlic
1 tbsp ginger paste/crushed I use Ginger People jarred
1 tbsp Mirin
Couple shakes onion powder
Couple shakes garlic powder
Fresh cracked pepper

Gets me hungry just writing this…

4 Likes

Should be rated NC 17

1 Like

No offense but there is one fairly important thing I think you forgot. MY INVITATION!!! Dam that looks awesome.

3 Likes