What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Will have to look for it. Not a lot of info online, but found a lot of associated products from Oriental Mascot. Thanks.

1 Like

This is what I love about food labels from other countries… :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

Last night’s steak Diane with a side of creamed spinach and some brown sugar coated grilled pork belly.

11 Likes

As promised.

15 Likes

Last night’s Chicken Marsala, in which I always substitute sweet vermouth for the Marsala. Have posted it in WFD several times but I don’t think I have here.

Served with browned butter gnocchi instead of pasta.

11 Likes

I purchased some beautiful fresh soft shell crab at Kings Food Market that Mrs. P deep fried. Details and pictures are in the main WFD thread below.
What's for Dinner #59 - the Summertime Covid Blues Edition - July 2020

Chicago Italian Beef/Sausage combo sandwich. Semi-homemade as I had the giardiniera, beef and gravy shipped from Chicago. Made a big pot of gravy and over 30 sausages this morning and placed a single one in the center of the roll, covered it with beef swimming in that hot au jus, and topped with hot giardiniera. Fed 13 people lunch and still have a ton of leftovers.

9 Likes

Stupendous!

Saturday nights short rib over buttery Parmesan pasta. Somehow I bought peeled and sliced tomatoes vs. crushed so the sauce didn’t cook down as it should have. Minimal difference to taste, it was delicious just not as much of a ragu as it should have been.

12 Likes

Takeout tonight from Neelam after a day at the beach. I had chicken makhni and Justin had chicken dhingri. We shared a navrattan korma, rice, and naan.

There were several cocktails. He had margaritas while I had pink lemonade vodka with club soda.

12 Likes

Happy Friday everybody!!

So happy it’s the weekend! Only means I finally have more time to cook :smile:

For dinner tonight, we have some yummy Kerala Chicken curry with Carrots. (my mom’s recipe)

For recipe; check out my blog: www.forkingmycravings.com

For recipe; check out my blog: www.forkingmycravings.com

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend. Stay safe!

4 Likes

Mrs. P made a refreshing watermelon salad to go with Dungeness crabs and Alaskan king crab legs, with TJ’s sweet potato fries on the side. Details and pictures on the main WFD thread below.

3 Likes

Scallions anyone?

5 Likes

@KAOSKitchen
On a bed of cream cheese?
On a bagel?

Why not?!? Scallion cream cheese is a thing…

1 Like

Looks like breakfast to me!

@CurlzNJ
New to me. So asking…

1 Like

With a bag of mints for dessert?

2 Likes

When I was a kid, chive cream cheese was one of the few ‘alternate’ flavors available… then scallions and onions came in to the pic (separate flavor), along with others like vegetable, strawberry, lox, and others. Here in NJ (at least) most bagel places offer 8-12 flavors (some of them GDAWFUL, imo), so it’s a thing!

ETA that my personal favorite is a toasted sesame bagel w plain cream cheese, a slice of red onion, and lox (+ a good cup of coffee). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Fan of the scallion cream cheese at bagel masters. Mrs met is not a fan of my enjoying it

2 Likes