What's Cooking? (New Jersey)

Sicilian fig cookies - cuccidati A labor of love and tradition for the family. I like them, but wouldn’t mind if somebody else made them :smiley:

20191223_124404%20(1)

8 Likes

OMG. These are the cookies my former landlord made each December… I waited for them every year! Haven’t been able to find one that measures up yet, but those sure look like they would. Enjoy!

2 Likes

lol, now you reminded me I posted these last year.

1 Like

HA! I’m nothing but consistent… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There is a long-standing myth that all Jewish people eat Chinese food on Xmas eve. Well, to be fair, we had Chinese food last night, but nevertheless. The family wanted chicken tonight so I picked up a Combo Don Pepe at their Freehold location. But the reason I am posting this here is what I did to the fried rice after I got it home ( please insert your own sick and twisted thoughts here before reading on. )

Anywho, I made the accompanying fried rice into something glorious. Although this is more in the vein of semi-homemade, I guarantee that this simple addition will have you yearning for more. Cut 1/2 pound of Lap cheong, or Chinese sweet sausage available at Asian Market on 79, into 1/4 inch circles and cook to temp. Add these morsels of porky, fatty goodness to your take-out fried rice along with three heaping tablespoons of crushed pineapple as shown below:

This just rocks! Merry Christmas to all.

10 Likes

Mrs.P went all out for our Christmas eve dinner. Below is a link to the details and pictures.

5 Likes

Greens (before 2 hours reducing)

Dinner tonight

9 Likes

Beef chuck with carrots, celery, and onion. One of my favorite home cooked meals.

7 Likes

And a quick Pomodoro to have on hand. No sugar, no onion. Kitchen takeover! (Girlfriend away!)

4 Likes

You know you want one…

9 Likes

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Scallion and cream cheese omelette with bacon.

8 Likes

I should have gotten the white bread. Next time for sure.

In addition to making my normal cabbage and pig tails, doing some poor man’s burnt ends on the smoker, tater tot casserole, buffalo chicken dip, and various leftovers from last night for our NYD open house

4 Likes

Below is a link to details and pictures of Mrs. P’s delicious dinner tonight.

5 Likes

Below is a link to pictures of tonight’s dinner.

3 Likes

Looks Delish!!! how is the back?

1 Like

Thanks Phreddy! The spicy chili crisp helped :slightly_smiling_face: We are trying to eat healthier during the week to make up for all of those high calorie holiday meals. I am saving my calories for the weekend when we dine out :slightly_smiling_face:
I’m making some nice progress. I am up to walking 2 1/2 miles a day during the work week and at least 3 miles on the weekend. Since I usually sit 10 hours a day for my job, which is not good for the back, I ordered a height adjustable standing desk converter to put my desktop on so I can stand more. You can raise and lower it. I just got it today. It has a separate lower stand for the keyboard and mouse as well as a cup holder. I also purchased a heavy duty anti fatigue floor mat to stand on and provide a nice cushion. I got a prescription of nabumetone for the osteoarthritis in my hip area and am going to physical therapy twice a week to strengthen my core muscles. Thanks to @Google_Gourmet for the nabumetone recommendation!
Thank you for asking!

3 Likes

Sounds a whole lot better than the pain you were experiencing…Great to hear good news!

1 Like

Mrs. P made her famous roasted quail breast salad. Details and pictures are in the link below.

1 Like