What Wine Did You Drink Today #2? 2021-now

I’ve been canoeing on the Russian but never swam in it :wink:
Wondering if it tastes oaky. These days I’m enjoying chards that don’t see any oak.

2 Likes

The mouth looks pretty tame but at flood tide it can close. It was a lumpy day on top of it so that was a bad decision.

I’m an okay swimmer so my main concern was being eaten by the sea lions as I swam in. They were swimming all around me with little question marks hovering over their heads.

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

I love the balanced wines from Rhys, learned about them from Eric Asimov in The NY Times. The $$$ is getting to be a stretch for me, though. Still more reasonable than the wines from Cirq, or even K-B.

Yeah they’ve gotten too expensive for me too. The Santa Cruz Mountains has a bunch of wineries making good and unique pinots that don’t get near the press that Napa or Sonoma does, same for Anderson Valley.

1 Like

The Cent Cinquantenaire is what caught my eye. I’ve not tasted it but assume it’s comparable to their 1880.

Our friend invited us over for dinner last weekend and served some excellent wines.

2 Likes

Big fan of Cabernet Sauvignon …

Surely, exceptional group of wines.

Have a great weekend.

1 Like

That’s a good friend :wink:

1 Like

He sure is :slightly_smiling_face: He has great taste in wine.

1 Like

Thank you! Enjoy your weekend as well.

1 Like

In 2 hours, it will be 14.00 and then we shall be having some refreshing Cava or Champagne over a celebration lunch for my inlaws …

1 Like

I prefer wite wine

Eating well is the best revenge. I’ve been finding Frescobaldi Pomino for around $20, and have adopted it as my new favorite summer quencher. A blend of chardonnay and pinot bianco, it’s light and refreshing. Paired wonderfully with sardine toast: toasted Iggy’s Francesa, rubbed vigorously with garlic, then buttered, layered with tomato (August heirloom), thinly sliced onion, sardines, salt, pepper, drizzled with EVOO and lemon juice, and decorated with julienne basil.

4 Likes

This is drinking very well right now. Wish it wasn’t my last bottle.

4 Likes

Felt like a very dry pink wine on ice; puts me in the mind of Hotel California, but at least it’s not pink champagne on ice. Yikes, dating myself! :scream_cat:

2 Likes
  1. In honor of the Ryder Cup. If premature…
  2. The Vikings win today. Unlikely, so…
  3. Iowa winning and Minnesota losing yesterday, and @shrinkrap & husband payoff their mortgage!

Ps - It’s a gorgeous day despite being the first weekend of autumn.

4 Likes

Like your style :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Thank you! I am way ahead of you!

3 Likes