What Wine Did You Drink Today #2? 2021-now

Beautiful spring day in the northeast US. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Tell us about the Artemis. Our Costco carries it but I’ve not tried it.

I’m not a big wine guy, so don’t put too much credence in my recommendation of wines. I like it, it’s a mild fruity taste without any acidic qualities that really turn me off in wine in general. I would strongly recommend it.

1 Like

Curiosity piqued. I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

BODEGA MUGA, HARO, LA RIOJA.

4 Likes

Lovely!

Culling the cellar for gots-to-go wines. This WS had more complexity than their un-oaked chard, and stood up well to cod roasted in coconut milk with ginger, garlic, and chili.

4 Likes

4 people, nice French restaurant with a $10/bottle corkage!

5 Likes

Dueling CDPs, a 2001 facing off against a 2004. Which came out on top?

Both drinking very well. The Beaucastel (‘04) was slightly more to my liking, as it was smoother. Minimal resin. The Clos des Papes ‘01 had no resin and could easily have withstood several more years. Both were very good.

1 Like

2017 Belle Glos Las Alturas tonight while having dinner with my daughter and SIL in San Antonio. 2 day old granddaughter provided the background ambiance, then began to wail.

5 Likes

Kagor red wine

1 Like

The little one is already here! Congrats! Your first grandchild? Always special.

Wailing is also background ambient sound :musical_note:

Haven’t seen you around here lately. Hope you’re still eating well, even if we don’t see anything.

Stay safe.

PS: I have never clicked on this thread before.

2 Likes

Congratulations …

En hora buena …

Still eating well although my kitchen as been deemed an environmental risk based on a waste arm pipe leak in my kitchen. The glories of owning an older home

Tonight I have some grouper fish fillets on ice as well as a vegetable stock to use. Hope I make it. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:. Not sure how I want to use the veg stock at the moment. But the fish will be cooked today as well as tomorrow.

1 Like

Last night I opened a Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label to try some new cheeses. That was dinner. :drooling_face:

2 Likes

well, at least you had two of the major food groups :wink:
I love the Veuve Clicquot house style, even though I’ve been smitten lately by some of the garigiste grower Champagnes.

3 Likes

Switched over for dinner.

4 Likes

I’ve not seen single vineyard La Crema before. Oak profile?

1 Like

The best I can offer is the back label from another bottle.

I nearly drowned at the mouth of the Russian…Jenner, so for that and many other memories I have a sweet spot for the Marin and Sonoma headlands.