What Wine Did You Drink Today #1? 2015-2020

We had an excellent Napa Valley red blend called Apriori.

2 Likes

Only 11.45am here, however, yesterday we were sharing a bottle of:

4 Likes

Haven’t opened the Port yet.

4 Likes

I had a very nice 2017 Limerick Lane red zinfandel which is still young and can use a few more years of cellaring.

1 Like

I had an excellent 2016 Domaine La Fourmone Gigondas tonight.
image https://cdn.hungryonion.org/optimized/3X/d/3/d32fcbf10227acea7f3259572ebd018c2a2e86f7_2_700x700.jpeg

2 Likes

The non-fur people had a great cab last night. Not too big, but lots of spicy smokey flavor.

3 Likes

Nice. Do I spy taralli?

Yup. I love taralli with wine. We picked up a bag at the FM Saturday morning.

We had some fantastic wines tonight including a 1998 Jordan cabernet and a 2001Chateau Musar. We also had an excellent 2006 cabernet franc ice wine for dessert.

4 Likes

I had an excellent full bodied 2017 Block 665 special reserve cabernet tonight.

I had a nice Napa Valley red blend tonight consisting of cabernet, merlot, and Malbec.

Seems like everyone is resting their livers in anticipation of the holidays? I cracked a bottle of one of my new favorite Pinot Noirs. Cherry, chalk, and plums. It’s unfiltered so it has a beautiful light purple color and a bit cloudy.

1 Like

Haha, nope, not here. We are training.

2 Likes

I had an excellent Malbec tonight. It came in a really cool bottle.

3 Likes

Unique label !!

1 Like

We had an awesome red blend from Santa Barbara, CA called The Offering. It contained, Grenache, Syrah, mouvedre, and Viognier.

Sans Liege has made awesome wines for quite some time.

1 Like

We really enjoyed this wine.It was on sale and came highly recommended from Wine Library (one of our wine stores).

1 Like

We had an excellent Shaw and Smith Shiraz. For those of you that are fans of Mollydooker and Two Hands , I would highly recommend this Shiraz. James Halliday gave it 97 points and named it one of his top 100 wines. Below are the notes.

This amazing 97 Point Shiraz from Shaw & Smith is a tremendous value, and one of James Halliday’s Top 100 Wines. No surprise as Shiraz is a regional specialty in the cool climate region of Adelaide Hills, and The Wine Advocate calls Shaw & Smith a benchmark producer! The winery has huge pedigree, as owner and winemaker Michael Smith was the first Australian to pass the rigorous Master of Wine examination, and cousin Martin Shaw was the creator of the Flying Winemaker project. They’ve shape the 2016 vintage into a Northern Rhone style, like Cornas or Cote-Rotie, with more finesse and elegance than say a Mollydooker or Two Hands. Only 20 cases available. Don’t miss it!

Rating
“Vibrant purple-black; seduces with swathes of cherries dipped in kirsch, florals, ferrous and woodsy spices, with toasty oak sewn to the shape of the fuller-bodied palate. Everything is in its place, creating an immaculate whole - the fine-grained tannins, the length, the freshness and detail. It’s polished and totally convincing.” James Halliday, 97 Points

1 Like

I had an excellent 2014 Mario Bazan cabernet tonight. It normally retails for $75 and Wine Library had it on sale for $30.

Yesterday we had an inexpensive 2016 Zuccardi Q Malbec that was well worth the $10 sale price at Bottle King. It normally goes for $20.

2 Likes