What Wine Did You Drink Today #1? 2015-2020

One of my favorite Pinots. Had it with grass fed filets, stewed green beans, and toasted baguette. Seemed fitting that we watched Grand Cru while eating.

4 Likes

I had an excellent every day wine under $15 called Gran Maestoso primitivo.

1 Like

I’m not usually a fan, but this Petit Sirah was pretty good. Came in a wine club shipment. Rich, deep dark fruit, with a hint of smoke.

2 Likes

Had a really nice Cali Pinot last night.

1 Like

We had some excellent wines over the weekend dining out with some friends at an excellent French BYO. That 2005 Grand Cru was still going strong and could have easily been cellared for another 10 years.

3 Likes

Troplong Mondot was the first Bordeaux we bought when we decided to match liquid version to written description in trying to learn something.

2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-08-15/best-wines-for-hot-summer-weather-have-high-acidity-low-alcohol?srnd=living

I had a nice 2014 Clos St. Jean Chateauneuf Du Pape tonight.

1 Like

@Paryzer,

A lovely La Rioja red.

For special occasions I like Bodega Muga and Bodega Murrieta. And am a grand fan of reds of Ribera del Duero … ( Emilio Moro Bodegas is one of our faves ) …

1 Like

@Barca those sound like lovely Tempranillos and Ribera Del Duero. I have to look into them.

1 Like

@Paryzer,

Yes, they are all above average excellent wines from the 3 wineries I mentioned.
Have a lovely evening.

Finall back home and resting up …

1 Like

I had the 2015 Muga Reserva Tempranillo tonight. It had a nice long finish to it. Thank you for the excellent recommendation @Barca! I also bought the Emilio Moro wine you recommended and plan on drinking it tomorrow night.
image https://cdn.hungryonion.org/optimized/3X/d/2/d215b84c42ec31014459b09bc539a2f99ef4c497_2_700x700.jpeg
image https://cdn.hungryonion.org/optimized/3X/a/f/afba36bea46c7c3538b9b1010042adf670b6c77c_2_699x699.jpeg

2 Likes

@paryzer

Grand fan of Bodega Muga reds … Merit extraordinary excellence.

Have a lovely Sunday.

1 Like

Yes, the Muga had a nice long finish to it. Thanks again for the recommendation!
I’m looking forward to trying the 2016 Emilio Moro Tempranillo tonight.

1 Like

BODEGA MURRIETA is also quite a jewel.
Logroño, La Rioja.
DALMAU is a tempranillo & cabernet Sauvignon.

1 Like

We had the 2016 Emilio Moro Tempranillo tonight with dinner and it was very good. Thank you for the recommendation @Barca!

1 Like

Paryzer,

You are very welcome.

Another excellent Ribera del Duero is “PROTOS” …

If you wish to splurge, BODEGAS MAURODOS, San Román, Toro, and note: the Oenologist and Owner of the winery, is the same man who made VEGA SICILIA, our Pride and Joy here in Spain …

However, much less expensive than Vega Sicilia.

It is a jewel of reds.

1 Like

Thank you for the recommendations @Barca!
My wife & I like bolder reds with more alcohol (14 or 15%) like a Shiraz, Châteauneuf Du Pape, cabernet, Malbec. We like the dark fruits and berries as opposed to the red ones (raspberry, strawberry). Our favorite wine (which we can’t afford) is Caymus cabernet. Lately we have loved Cooper and Thief red blend aged in bourbon barrels for 3 months. That has 16% alcohol but you can’t taste it.

2 Likes

@paryzer

I know here, most reds from Toro and Ribera del Duero are 14% … There might be an export % law !

I do not know where you are from, however, if you are in North America, you may encounter this problem.

2 Likes

@Barca I am from the US (New Jersey). The California wines seem to have no limit on Alcohol level (as well as the Australian Shiraz wines)

2 Likes