What Wine Did You Drink Today #1? 2015-2020

I had an outstanding 2012 Mario Bazan Napa cabernet for my birthday tonight. This could easily be cellared for another 10 years and still be great.
I also had an excellent Taylor Fladgate 10 year old port for dessert.

1 Like

Had a really yummy Pinot with dinner. If I could only have one kind of wine to drink forever, it would be Pinot Noir. This one was a bit spicy with a lot of plum and berry. Someone pored label down and messed up my photo. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I had an excellent 2017 Ridge Paso Robles Red zinfandel tonight. It went great with a Niman Ranch pork chop topped with poached shallots in a red wine sauce over polenta with fresh rosemary.
Below is a link to the details and pictures of the rest of the dinner in case anyone is interested.

2 Likes

Happy belated!

Thanks!

I had an excellent 2014 Baer Ursa, a Columbia Valley red blend consisting of merlot, cabernet franc, cabernet sauvignon, and Malbec. It went great with a beautifully charred, 28 day aged, 24 ounce wood grilled Cowboy steak au poivre with crispy herbed fries.

In case anyone is interested, below is a link to the details and pictures of the rest of the dinner.

2 Likes

We have grown fond of the Kirkland Sangria as the base. All thats needed is fruit and you’re good to go. The large bottle is ideal for a party bowl.

A few good bottles. Last night we had this nice big juicy zin with a huge bone in porter house steak. This was a big wine- I call it giant purple in a glass.

Tonight was just a chicken salad so DH grabbed this Pinot. Maison L’Envoye makes a few Pinots I really like.

2 Likes

I had an excellent 2014 Chateau Sixtine Chateauneuf Du Pape tonight. It went great with a braised BBQ rabbit leg cooked on pecan wood with a citrus BBQ glaze at Laurel and Sage in Montclair, NJ.

3 Likes

Looks fantastic!

1 Like

Hade a Spanish rose with lunch. I know nothing about this wine, but picked it up at WF on the wine guy’s recommendation. Minerally, a hint of sweet, and a bit fizzy in the mouth.

2 Likes

Thanks Robin! It was :slightly_smiling_face:

First time seeing a Txakolina rose. Good summer choice. It’s Basque.

2 Likes

I had an excellent 2017 Zuccardi Concreto Malbec tonight that was listed at #10 on the 2018 Wine Enthusiast top 100 list. This wine could be cellared for at least another 15 years and still be going strong.

1 Like

Eli- that steak looks incredible, fries too…missed that one earlier…as a matter of fact -that whole meal looks amazing…

1 Like

Thanks Mr. Met!

I just saw one of these on a menu about town - agree it seems unusual!

I forgot which wine, coz each time when i drink, on a next day i can forget what was yeasterday.

This California Cab went nice with gnocchi. Not too big, spicy, tons of red fruit.

4 Likes

We had dinner with some friends at Bloom in Verona NJ last night and they brought some excellent wines with them; a 1998 Silver Oak cabernet and a 2009 Ridge Dynamite Hill petite Sirah. We brought an excellent Châteauneuf Du Pape and a red blend that were previously mentioned in earlier posts.

2 Likes