What’s on your mind?

What if Meghan Markle was the boss of us?!

1 Like

For me its hard to pass up BOGO deals. There’s also a store I frequent which has "5 for 5 " deals on pork and beef. A few days ago I bought 24 bottles of ginger ale because they store had a buy two get two offer on 6 packs!

4 Likes

That’s part of Costco shopping “get it or forget it” philosophy.

2 Likes

I do that too. I just might have a wee bit of hoarder in me. Or pack rat. I prefer to think of it as farm mentality. My creed is as soon as I throw something out I will immediately need it. I had to stop myself from buying a second cheap microwave from the good will as these things always seem to break at three am. I am lucky in that I have a bit of extra storage space. Or that space might be enabling me. In august I am planning on buying two pairs of the fake ugg slippers at Costco because they run out of my size fast. We won’t talk about the lidl gnomes

1 Like

My lidl used to have too good to waste deals. Too Good To Waste meat goes for 1.50 a package. Even got a little ribeye for 1.50 once. I mostly nabbed sausages but sometimes chicken or pork which was very nice. I had to promise myself to cook it or freeze it that day. I am too afraid of the one manager to go back to lidl much so I have no idea if they have those deals anymore. I feel bad because he really is mentally ill. It only takes one.

2 Likes

Nice. Gonna swing by the RTM? If you go it will be very busy and they kick you out promptly at closing. Mmmmm Bassett’s ice cream. https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=bassetts+ice+cream+philadelphia&fr=yfp-t-s&fr2=p%3Afp%2Cm%3Asa%2Cct%3Ahistory%2Ckt%3Anone&ei=UTF-8&fp=1

1 Like

I had to look it up. Sounds like a fun place to visit. This is just an overnight stop to see her. Apparently she has a boyfriend. :rage: Or as close of boyfriend she’s ever had as far as I know. She’s really picky so I’m sure he’s okay, but I want to meet and interrogate him. I asked her to have him bring his financials and a print out of his academic history along to the restaurant. :face_with_monocle:

A few years ago during undergrad she was staying with me for a few days to rest. She loves fine food so I took her to a nice place but when the bill came I realized I had forgotten my wallet. :flushed: It might even have been her birthday, I don’t recall. How embarrassing. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Thank you very much. (which Atlantic City Trip? lol)

1 Like

Well without knowing anything about your friend, if he’s lost everything and still acting like a child, then he is obviously the problem. Good luck to them, hopefully they get their head out of their ass before it’s too late.

3 Likes

Be super vigilant after dark please. Would love a write up of your meals. I am a one hour train ride away so curious minds want to know about the vittles. https://video.search.yahoo.com/search/video?fr=yfp-t&ei=UTF-8&p=the+spanish+inquisition+spoof#id=1&vid=5fd3487ae726dd6d0c13cb3552b56bc3&action=click

1 Like

Are you sure you aren’t a gamer? No wait “How embarrassing.” So no. Some of my gamer friends do this a lot. With no shame. And not just to me. The epic moochers err forgetful ones do this when the time comes to check out and pay the hotel bill at huge gaming cons. My one felon friend did this Three Times to his friend Rob. Sucker. Conan does the whole Wimpy thing even to his coworkers back in the day. Librarians do not make much money. He still tries it with me sometimes. Nope. “I’ll Gladly Pay You Tuesday For A Hamburger Today” https://www.soundthemidnightcry.com/life_church_of_lafayette_/2015/08/ill-gladly-pay-you-tuesday-for-a-hamburger-today.html

1 Like

Not a gamer, but I played Team Fortress long ago on Steam. I was a camper, sniper, or medic infecting snipers. Lol

1 Like

Thanks and will do. :muscle:

Pity. Oh yeah seasoned one of the fajita pans and made some garlic mashed last night. Somehow there was enough left for One potato pancake frying up now on the pan. Just flipped it and the one side is a gorgeous golden brown. Later I think I will fry up some bacon and then sear the hell out of the lidl scallops I have defrosting. Must remember to open all doors to give the smoke places to go. Have you deployed your pan yet?

3 Likes

Haha - yes the pan needs to be deployed so it can execute the lovely creation @Respectfully_Declined is sure to carry out for it’s maiden voyage. Sounds so militaristic, but give it it’s marching orders and pop open the champagne! :champagne::clinking_glasses::fried_egg:

2 Likes

Agreed. Ya hear us Repectfully? Wow the internet is on fire tonight for bad reasons but still. Even the wiccans are showing up. Got to read a lovely post and when I replied a commenter responded with “Blessed Be”. #faints. Members of my lidl fb group are discussing the habits of old money as opposed to new money which I would be terrified to chime in on. Although I have plenty of thoughts. It seems to me that taboos are being broken right now and I find this refreshing. Here is part of the post I so admire: " Ladies,
Depending on where your spirituality resides, you may be familiar with the concept of The Crone, The Mother and The Maiden.
I am now a Crone. I am very happy to be one. Crones age into being teachers and guides, with life gained wisdom to share with the younger. We are content there. We pass the torch of many things to the younger and let them forge their worlds.
What people don’t understand is that there are situations where the Crone will rise again and stand in front of the Maidens and the Mothers". Wow. There is more of course which took my breath away.

2 Likes

See? They resemble sizzle skillets but only smaller. :disappointed:

2 Likes

It’s hard to be a wise old crone when the younger generation knows everything already! Not speaking generally, but specifically about the DD’s. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Oooh, perfect size for steaks - yum, and I do like their jaunty little red uniforms.

4 Likes

I have tried bacon, seared scallops. a potato pancake and some fajita vegetables too. Right now I am making thinly sliced red potatoes slow cooking so I can pick my black raspberries while they slowly pan roast. Mine have the plastic handles so when I do a little pizza later I sure hope I remember to remove the red plastic nanny guards. Melted plastic in the oven would be bad.

2 Likes