What’s on your mind?

You are 100% correct! Honestly it was the lock down that truthfully escalated my drinking to excessive levels. True story one morning 9/9:30 I’m walking my dog on my lawn in my gym shorts pj’s and t-shirt and my neighbor said; morning and raises her DD cup up in a “cheers “ type motion as I raised my orange juice (and vodka) back to her in a similar manner.

I’m fortunate enough to not lose site if the trees in the forest and recognized the problem before it became unmanageable. Blessed for sure.

7 Likes

Blessed for sure . Cheers

4 Likes

Cheers!!! (minus the vodka oj!!!)

3 Likes

I was leaning towards something simple and light like grilled chicken thighs and street corn and sliced heritage tomatoes. Lately I have been using chimichurri on the chicken. The street corn is not really street corn. It is slathered in mayonnaise laced with lime juice and Sriracha and charred. I would always be delighted if any and all showed up for dinner. I am a big fan of Benedictine hospitality.

3 Likes

I am officially retired after working 41 years for the same company (which is unheard of in these days). I was very fortunate to last that long, and to be able to leave on my own terms. I will not miss waking up at 6AM every morning to 80 to 100 emails from over night (since we are a global company and have employees in Shanghai and Pune, India).

16 Likes

Wow! Congratulations! May you have many wonderful new adventures of your choosing, on your own terms.

Pausing to relax and unwind definitely counts as one of those worthwhile persuits. :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you Denise!

1 Like

The fact that you can talk about it so openly is amazing.
I remember reading about your Atlantic City trip.
You never know who is lurking about and reading your stories.
It could become life changing for them.
That’s the true blessing.

I’m going to reiterate @kaleokahu words “Glad you’re here”.

4 Likes

That’s unheard of today !
Enjoy your Golden years.

4 Likes

Congratulations! :tada:

4 Likes

Good for you! :tada:

3 Likes

Thank you @Olunia and @shrinkrap !

2 Likes

Mozel Tov! That is certainly an accomplishment! Now sit back and enjoy the fruits of that labor!

3 Likes

Do you “feel better” too once you’ve eaten one of the chickens for lunch or supper? :joy:

4 Likes

Congratulations, and enjoy what is a well-deserved retirement!

4 Likes

I couldn’t decide what category this fit so I just used this swiss army knife of a thread. :slight_smile:
Makes me wonder what punch the eggs pack.

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Perfect description of this hodgepodge thread!

3 Likes

Pollo and Doritos. Bueno :drooling_face:

1 Like

Are you willing to take one for the team and report back? Lololol…

2 Likes